On my Nokia Lumia 1020, why can't I get Softcard to work?

myokeeh

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1020 Can't get Softcard to work

I got a couple Enhanced SIM cards from AT&T today to setup Softcard. Both SIMs were activated at the store. When I got home, one was inserted into my wife's Lumia 920, and one into my Lumia 1020.

Her Softcard setup went without any problems. Mine was full of problems. It took about 5 times to get it to activate and let me sign up. Now, when I attempt to log-in, it takes my username, password and my PIN, but it just gets stuck in a screen saying "Your Softcard Account is reloading"

Anyone having problems getting Softcard setup on the Lumia 1020?

Anyone have a solution to this?

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020 Can't get Softcard to work

I changed my SIM earlier too and it took about 5 minutes but mine is up and running on my 1520.

myokeeh

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

I went to the same AT&T store to get another Enhanced SIM, but that wasn't the problem. I'm talking to Softcard support now, but didn't get far. My case got elevated.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

They don't usually cost anything if you have an authorized retailer or corporate store nearby. Don't go to a RadioShack or WalMart.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on my Lumia 1020 as well. I was thinking maybe in my case that it was because I set it up first on a Note 3 and then tried to take that SIM to my Lumia 1020, but it seems like maybe that's not related if it's happening to you right out of the box with the new SIM?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I got mine yesterday at my ATT store and the associate activated it and put it in and made ssure it was working before I left.

wezil18

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm also running into the same activation problem on my AT&T L920 running Dev Preview. Just did a hard reset to see if that will make a difference...

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I'm wondering, is there anyone who has it working at all while running the Developer Preview? Maybe that's the issue here...

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Actually, I tried a couple things today and got further than I did before.

So the first thing is I wonder if the people who are having success... if you go into the phone's settings and then to NFC, do you have tap to pay enabled or disabled there? I wonder if that's somehow conflicting with what the app itself is doing?

The other two things I tried are resetting my password, and resetting my PIN. One of those things caused me to be able to get into the app.

...Of course now it's asking me for my PIN every three seconds, so maybe disabling tap to pay (or one of those other things) in the settings of the phone was a bad idea.

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I tried a couple things today and got further than I did before.

So the first thing is I wonder if the people who are having success... if you go into the phone's settings and then to NFC, do you have tap to pay enabled or disabled there? I wonder if that's somehow conflicting with what the app itself is doing?

The other two things I tried are resetting my password, and resetting my PIN. One of those things caused me to be able to get into the app.

...Of course now it's asking me for my PIN every three seconds, so maybe disabling tap to pay (or one of those other things) in the settings of the phone was a bad idea.
You have to Enable Tap to Pay in Settings

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry this may be a dumb question but help me understand. When we say Softcard all we're taking about is the use of NFC to make payments with a secure SIM right? Not like a secure SIM but another app?

I've heard my 1520 for like 7 months and 920 before that and never been able to use the feature (and no I didn't have secure SIM). But others who had the secure SIM couldn't use it either. Has something changed?

Clarification please.

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry this may be a dumb question but help me understand. When we say Softcard all we're taking about is the use of NFC to make payments with a secure SIM right? Not like a secure SIM but another app?

I've heard my 1520 for like 7 months and 920 before that and never been able to use the feature (and no I didn't have secure SIM). But others who had the secure SIM couldn't use it either. Has something changed?

Clarification please.

1. Go to Att store to get free enhanced security SIM. They will install.

2. Download Softcard App.

3. In Settings, enable Tap to Pay and Follow instructions in Softcard app to add your credit card.

4. Have fun buying stuff w ur Lumia

shaddup

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I had problems setting up mine for 3 days. I had a secure SIM and a Softcard account on my android. I tried to transfer the SIM, but that didn't work. I tried the usual reboots and uninstall/reinstalls that didn't work. I called at&t and they conferenced in Softcard. Softcard said that you cannot transfer wallets between OSes, so they deleted my account and told me to try again. Still no go. Several reboots and uninstalls/reinstalls later, I call at&t back and we call Softcard again. We troubleshoot some more and they say try a new SIM. Get a new SIM - still doesn't work. I call Softcard back, no help, but he said that he is going to escalate the ticket. While I'm waiting, I reset and keep as new, reset and restore, reflash with Nokia's phone tools and keep as new - none of these worked. I give up and reset and restore one last time to get my phone back to normal. I try one more time and it works! The next day they call me to say that they see my wallet was setup. I asked if they did anything and he said that he did not see anything in the log.

So, I don't know if it was my resetting and restoring or they did something and didn't update the ticket, but it is working.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

1. Go to Att store to get free enhanced security SIM. They will install.

2. Download Softcard App.

3. In Settings, enable Tap to Pay and Follow instructions in Softcard app to add your credit card.

4. Have fun buying stuff w ur Lumia

Thanks...softcard app not in store though. At least it didn't come up when I checked. Where can I get it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss