Nokia Repaired 1520 - Different IMEI?

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks

My 1520 camera failed 2 weeks ago.. the camera unit just switched off like a TV does, so when i booted the camera app, the screen was black. I returned it to the store who, after contacting their repairs said.. No it had to be returned to Nokia as Nokia are recalling any phone with a faulty camera.

Anyway, got the phone back today and the salse guy showed me it had a new IMEI sticker and number on it, which he checked on the phone with *#06# and yes, they had changed the IMEI, yet the case of the phone is the same one.. it even still had my screen protector on and a scuff mark on the back case from changing covers.

I know it is illegal to change a phones IMEI, So, if the 1520 outer shell is the same, have Nokia swapped the motherboard over.

Thanks

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
UH OH!!!! I'm sending my 1520 back to Nokia this week and I had AT&T unlock it. I am not using T-Mobile. If they change my IMEI, then my phone will be relocked to AT&T. I'll be screwed.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
UH OH!!!! I'm sending my 1520 back to Nokia this week and I had AT&T unlock it. I am not using T-Mobile. If they change my IMEI, then my phone will be relocked to AT&T. I'll be screwed.

​Not every repair requires a new motherboard... But start a dialog with the repair center just to be sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05