How do I remove facebook contacts??

Maverx11

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I just got this phone and updated everything and so on.... And when I tap on the phone tile and then select the phone book all of my facebook friends show up as contacts. I have gone to settings and people and unchecked facebook under contact filters. I have logged onto my live.com account and deleted all of my contacts from there and made sure it is not syncing up with facebook and still have all my fb friends in my phone as contacts. When I go to people and swipe over to contacts I show none. I just want to get rid of all the facebook contacts and be able to add contacts one at a time....... any help is welcome, thank you.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
re:

That's weird.. The option in settings should have done it.. If you have the FB app on your phone, try disconnecting/removing the app, soft reset and check if those contacts are still there

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
re:

Ok so I just got this phone and updated everything and so on.... And when I tap on the phone tile and then select the phone book all of my facebook friends show up as contacts. I have gone to settings and people and unchecked facebook under contact filters. I have logged onto my live.com account and deleted all of my contacts from there and made sure it is not syncing up with facebook and still have all my fb friends in my phone as contacts. When I go to people and swipe over to contacts I show none. I just want to get rid of all the facebook contacts and be able to add contacts one at a time....... any help is welcome, thank you.

I'm confused by this sentence...

"When I go to people and swipe over to contacts I show none."

So you see the contacts or you don't?

Maybe you need to restart the phone for that to resync.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
re:

I think as long as they have phone numbers they'll stay maybe?

Best thing for you to do is remove the FB integration in the main settings under emails-accounts.

iluvtilz

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
re:

Did you sync your contact from another service? IOS or google maybe? If your fb contacts are on there they've probably moved over and you just need to delete the individually.

Maverx11

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
re:

How do I disconnect/remove fb? I was able to get all my contacts imported and they show up just fine when I go to people ... its when i click on the phone tile and then the address book at the bottom of the screen that all my fb friends show up ... Thanks

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
re:

How do I disconnect/remove fb? I was able to get all my contacts imported and they show up just fine when I go to people ... its when i click on the phone tile and then the address book at the bottom of the screen that all my fb friends show up ... Thanks

Settings

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
re:

People Hub>Settings>Filter Contact List>uncheck facebook.

Once you have that done, they will no longer show in your Peoples Hub, but because you have the Facebook App installed (assuming you do), they will always show when you do a search for someone.

Maverx11

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Yeah I have everything working great in my peoples hub.. Its just when tap on the phone tile and then the phone book icon they all come up, It doesnt look like there is any way to edit this list..... all good. thanks everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa