Trade in 1520 for AT&T 830?

jantveg85

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
And the 928 is Verizon's 920. Thanks.

I'd love for ATT to get a 930 with glance. Every phone from here on out must have glance. Unless it can make a device cheaper for the low end market, but I'd think glance would help.

I think every phone should have double tap to wake. I could live without Glance, but yeah, it is nice to have. I wish the 930 came to ATT as well but it looks like it may never happen. Unless they release a Microsoft-branded 930 with the same exact specs.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think every phone should have double tap to wake. I could live without Glance, but yeah, it is nice to have. I wish the 930 came to ATT as well but it looks like it may never happen. Unless they release a Microsoft-branded 930 with the same exact specs.

Shouldn't we be learning to live without Glance? i mean they did announce they would no longer be updating the app

jantveg85

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Shouldn't we be learning to live without Glance? i mean they did announce they would no longer be updating the app

Did they?

Doesn't Lumia Denim update the Glance screen to show weather info? Or is that something separate? I don't know too much about it.

Ryan Burke

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I for one plan to give up my 1520 for an 830.

Why? Because of the the relentless touch defect that Microsoft refuses to admit exists. I know of at least 2 people who have bought replacement 1520's, the more recently manufactured green model, only to get the same touch issues within a week. It's a defect in the design and construction of the device and they've had countless opportunities to correct it.

I'm too much of a loyalist to give up on WP now, especially with Win10 on the horizon. I'll get by with a low/mid-range device until a new flagship is announced.

jantveg85

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

Why? Because of the the relentless touch defect that Microsoft refuses to admit exists. I know of at least 2 people who have bought replacement 1520's, the more recently manufactured green model, only to get the same touch issues within a week. It's a defect in the design and construction of the device and they've had countless opportunities to correct it.

I'm too much of a loyalist to give up on WP now, especially with Win10 on the horizon. I'll get by with a low/mid-range device until a new flagship is announced.

Dude, I've been through maybe 4-5 1520's because of that same defect! I got lucky on the last one I had, which was the matte green one. Never had any issues with that one...but then again, I only had it for about 2 weeks.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
going form the 520 to 830 makes sense, but from a 1520 to 830? I mean the difference will be most noticeable in the loading times for games/apps/multitasking, but even then it will be a matter of seconds. If you're a gamer then the "heavy" games will have a slight longer loading period on the 830, but if the phone is for simple casual use then this should be of no concern

Na, not that big of a difference. Did plenty of side by side comparisons before keeping the 830 and selling the 1520. Split second as far as loading times, multitasking, etc. Often times no difference at all. But I don't play games, so maybe the difference is bigger there as you alluded to.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I love how the 635s whole outer shell is user replaceable. Would be awesome if they made the 1520 like that.....kind of like how HTC did the titan......could rock your phone naked and not worry about dings and dents, just get a new shell......

The 830 is somewhat like that, just those corners would be destroyed if dropped......damn aluminum.

The 1520s corners are pretty robust, my previous 920s corners were weak sauce.

Sorry /endsemihijak

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Why? Because of the the relentless touch defect that Microsoft refuses to admit exists.

Huge point that I always mention as well. It's an annoying bug you learn to live with but really wish you could do without.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yea, my 1520 has the occasional touch issue. It's better than the last one I had, but still there.

Anyway, I'm not a huge gamer on the phone. Just the occasional subway surfers 🏄

Mainly just apps, email, facebook, yadda yadda and picture taking.

Love everything about the 1520, except for the size.... Not very manageable with one hand

AdamInTx

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
For me the expandable memory is the key factor and why the 930/Icon doesn't interest me. We are at a weird point where he companies are pushing cloud storage in place of physical memory and the cell phone companies are trying everything in their power to lower data caps or raise the rates for data so for me I don't want a phone with only 16 gigs of memory or less and no sd card slot. MS can boast about your phone coming with all amounts of free skydrive storage but that data still needs to get to and from my phone and that transfer eats up data. I'd rather just put my music and videos on an sd card and use non of my data.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
IF I ever decided to trade down (screen size) I'd really miss my Lumia 1520. You get very used to the size (~~ the same as iPhone 6+) and anything smaller looks like a toy ...

BUT, NO best phone, just best for you.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
IF I ever decided to trade down (screen size) I'd really miss my Lumia 1520. You get very used to the size (~~ the same as iPhone 6+) and anything smaller looks like a toy ...

BUT, NO best phone, just best for you.

You actually get used to more conventional sizes just like you got used to the size of the 1520. One month into switching, the 1520 seems gigantic to me again, as it did when it first came out (before I bought it). But I agree with your final sentiment, "best" is so subjective that it really boils down to the individual.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So, I bit the bullet and got the 830 and I must say I am really happy I did!! This phone is amazing!! I can't believe people are poopooing on it.

Slender, sexy and smooth. This is a great device. MS needs to make sure ATT is showcasing it in their stores!!!

jantveg85

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
So, I bit the bullet and got the 830 and I must say I am really happy I did!! This phone is amazing!! I can't believe people are poopooing on it.

Slender, sexy and smooth. This is a great device. MS needs to make sure ATT is showcasing it in their stores!!!

YES! I ended up getting one too and it has exceeded my expectations big time!

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I can honestly say this phone could be a big seller if properly marketed and showcased! I so hope they do...this thing has a chance

jantveg85

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I can honestly say this phone could be a big seller if properly marketed and showcased! I so hope they do...this thing has a chance

It definitely could. I'm surprised at how good the screen looks. If I had bought the phone without doing all my research on it, I would of thought it had a 1080p display. That's how good the screen looks! Nice and sharp. And the design reminds me a lot of one of my favorite WP devices of all time, the 925. Microkia hit a home run with the 830!

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
It definitely could. I'm surprised at how good the screen looks. If I had bought the phone without doing all my research on it, I would of thought it had a 1080p display. That's how good the screen looks! Nice and sharp. And the design reminds me a lot of one of my favorite WP devices of all time, the 925. Microkia hit a home run with the 830!

I 100% agree. I was also shocked at how good the screen looks! All around great great phone

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre