Extras+info not working

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Extras+info are not working, I press... it comes back to the settings. It should show me the Lumia details, like my 620 does.

Anyone else have this problem or does it work with your 830?

Thanks

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Mine does work, it lists versions of Lumia software installed. And it worked on both stock software and the latest DP. Tried a normal reset or a reset with taking out the battery when turned off? Tried a soft reset?

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Good tips but yes, restarted more than once. Because it was not working before Developer Preview, I installed the DP and still does not work.

So, no updates nor in the store or by phone update. But it was working when I bought the phone. Then there was a first OS update and when I noticed, it was not working.

Don't know what to do next...

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Well, this might be silly but why is it so important for you to get this to show? The information given here doesn't alter your experience of the phone? But yes i understand the want to have everything working well. Restarting is not the same as a soft or hard reset, try doing a soft reset three times in a row, hold power button and volume down until you get a haptic response, then after phone is up repeat twice more.

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Mine does work, it lists versions of Lumia software installed. And it worked on both stock software and the latest DP. Tried a normal reset or a reset with taking out the battery when turned off? Tried a soft reset?

Will the reset delete my music and documents? If not, I will try that for sure!

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Soft reset deletes nothing, simply hold pwr & vol down until the buzzer goes off and release, phone should then do a proper "reset", think of it as hitting reset on a computer. Normal restart is not a reset, it will resume some things with a restart, with a soft reset you force a "proper restart from scratch" or in other words a cold boot

A hard reset on windows phones relates to doing a factory reset, i have no idea why this is called a hard reset instead of factory reset (as it is on any other device...) and this will often delete data, how much i do not know since i have yet to do one but i suspect most of it.

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Soft reset deletes nothing, simply hold pwr & vol down until the buzzer goes off and release, phone should then do a proper "reset", think of it as hitting reset on a computer. Normal restart is not a reset, it will resume some things with a restart, with a soft reset you force a "proper restart from scratch" or in other words a cold boot

A hard reset on windows phones relates to doing a factory reset, i have no idea why this is called a hard reset instead of factory reset (as it is on any other device...) and this will often delete data, how much i do not know since i have yet to do one but i suspect most of it.

Soft reset done. Still does work the Extra stuff. About works ok, but that Extra menu where it says Denim... still returns to the settings.

Thanks anyway for the patience, but I will wait for some next update to solve this.

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
For removing go to time and date forward the year to about 2050 then open it will ask whether to un install then user sys app pusher to install

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
For removing go to time and date forward the year to about 2050 then open it will ask whether to un install then user sys app pusher to install

Thank you for the tip but it did not uninstall. Do you have another way to remove this extra+info?

I did install the sysapp pusher but no luck with that too. Only can "view" and not remove the extra stuff.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the tip but it did not uninstall. Do you have another way to remove this extra+info?

I did install the sysapp pusher but no luck with that too. Only can "view" and not remove the extra stuff.

Well change the year to 2114 and try? It works to remove all Lumia system apps so not sure why it didn't work for you

Roger Deep

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Well change the year to 2114 and try? It works to remove all Lumia system apps so not sure why it didn't work for you

Oh YES! It worked! It needs to be a century more! Lol! Thank you.

I will reinstall the app at home later this day and post if it worked or not. WOW! Thanks everybody!

autodidact

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried/used the process too (jumping straight to 2114), and was as suggested offered to remove "Extras+Info" due to an "error" when starting it.

Now that it's gone, I have restarted the 830 and tried both "Phone Update" (shouldn't be relevant as it's normally updated as an app) as well as "Check for Updates" in the Store.

Guess I'll just have to wait for the system do decide to let me have it back, cause it doesn't seem to be bothered to being manually provoked so for now it's just missing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs