Uggg... 830 Fitbit deal lasts till 1/8/15 according to ATT website

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I picked one up today at one of my local AT&T stores.. I was not going to get one as $450 is insane pricing. I have a friend who mentioned getting a Fitbit a few days ago so I asked her to hold off and I'd sell her mine for $80.

Even with getting $80 for the Fitbit from her I still think it's overpriced.

But..

It's a very nice device and I really like the 830!

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy on contract?

I've been unable to get my hands on the Lumia 830 bundle off contract (full price). I went to a AT&T corporate store and they refused to let me buy the bundle outright for the $449.99, they said they'll only sell it with a new activation or contract extension. And now I just got off the phone with my local Microsoft store, and they too told me they have the phone but the bundle version is only for contracts.

funny since the webstore for AT&T do not state "with new contract" it states
"Get a free FitBit? Flex™ wristband when you purchase the Nokia Lumia 830—while supplies last."
Nokia Lumia 830 Windows Phone 8.1 ? AT&T

I would go back and throw a fit

Lumia Jack

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I bought it outright...I remember when the 920 came out I had to do the same and the Microsoft store had the on release day also.

funny since the webstore for AT&T do not state "with new contract" it states
"Get a free FitBit? Flex™ wristband when you purchase the Nokia Lumia 830—while supplies last."
Nokia Lumia 830 Windows Phone 8.1 ? AT&T

I would go back and throw a fit
Thanks for the info guys

Seems odd that I ran into this problem with two different stores today then. I guess tomorrow I'll go visit the Microsoft Store in-person and see if someone will sell me the bundle without a contract renewal. I don't think I ever had to work this hard to spend ~$500 before.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I learned my lesson after my 920. It does say somewhere on ATT's site that you do need to activate a line to purchase the phone even outright. I double checked this morning to verify so I just went straight to MS store today.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I learned my lesson after my 920. It does say somewhere on ATT's site that you do need to activate a line to purchase the phone even outright. I double checked this morning to verify so I just went straight to MS store today.

I always purchase my phones at full price and I've had AT&T tell me I can't.. Maybe it depends on the store? No clue but I know I've never had an issue.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

gahhhh. your right, I dug around a little bit and it states that It MAY require a new line.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Only in the US would you have to get a new line of service to buy a phone off contract.....

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Ryan Burke

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Bought mine outright from an AT&T retail store, the second one I went to.

The first one had it in stock, I know they did, but the rep couldn't find it. I learned when I went to the second store that it came in that unusual white box. This leads me to believe the rep from the first store didn't know what to look for, and concluded he didn't have it.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Bought mine outright from an AT&T retail store, the second one I went to.

The first one had it in stock, I know they did, but the rep couldn't find it. I learned when I went to the second store that it came in that unusual white box. This leads me to believe the rep from the first store didn't know what to look for, and concluded he didn't have it.
I had a similar issue. The rep went in the back to get the phone and it took about 10 minutes. When he came back out he said he could not find it. He asked a manager who told him it was in the promo box.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Went to our local Microsoft Kiosk to play with a live demo. Think I will grab one after I get the funds together to buy off contract. the manager told me that the price is great since you get the fitbit with it. I said that I thought you only get one with a new line, he went and looked over his paperwork, and said that nothing in his paperwork mentioned that it HAD to be with a new line. Soo..... I plan to grab one as soon as I can get the funds together. He said it would come with the fitbit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs