Uggg... 830 Fitbit deal lasts till 1/8/15 according to ATT website

AdamInTx

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Errr... I want the 830 but have absolutely no desire for a fitbit and would much rather they just charge less for the phone and not include the fitbit. So this morning I was looking at the ATT page for the 830 and it said that the fitbit deal lasts until January 8th and that the fitbit is in the box with the phone. This causes multiple problems. First it means that there will most likely not be a drop in price before the new year and second, selling the fitbit will not get as much money as I would like as it will be an "open" item since it doesn't come in its own box that you can then sell as an unopened brand new product. And then to top it off they release a teaser image about a new phone announcement next week.

sugarbowl06

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
From the rumor mill, next week's announcement is supposed to be a budget phone.

"The publication has learned from sources familiar with Microsoft?s plans that the company will launch a budget-friendly Lumia next week rather than a flagship handset some buyers may expect. The first Microsoft Lumia model is supposed to pack a 5-inch display, 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 1GB of RAM, 5-megapixel camera, front-facing camera (something absent from previous low-end models) and Windows Phone on board."

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll let you know if it comes in the box in an hour or so. I have an appointment at my local AT&T store to upgrade two of my lines.

I'm actually getting ready to head out and grab MY 830 with a fitbit. Lets see who can get there first. The race is on!

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Guess I wont be upgrading. None of the stores in my area have them in stock. No one at any of the stores even knew it was coming out today.

Edit: Nevermind, they found them... The box is massive.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I ordered it on bestbuy I don't think it comes with fitbit on bestbuy. Its just the phone, but who knows when this will arrive. Bestbuy estimated 2 weeks from today.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The box is just a plain white box with both RETAIL packages inside it. You can resell the Fitbit if you'd like, since it comes in its standard package inside the promotional box.

The store associates couldn't find the phone because they were looking for Nokia boxes and it comes in this huge plain box.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Got my 830 today. Really liking the feel of it. I've never had a wearable (not even a watch), but I'll have to see if I like it. So far, I really dig it.

Lumia Jack

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Did you buy on contract?

I've been unable to get my hands on the Lumia 830 bundle off contract (full price). I went to a AT&T corporate store and they refused to let me buy the bundle outright for the $449.99, they said they'll only sell it with a new activation or contract extension. And now I just got off the phone with my local Microsoft store, and they too told me they have the phone but the bundle version is only for contracts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss