How do I go about a Icon battery replacement?

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Icon battery replacement

I think the battery on my Icon is dieing, it's not holding a charge as well as it used to. Can I take it to the Microsoft store and have it replaced on the spot? Will I have to send it in? What's Verizon's policy on battery replacement?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Icon battery replacement

I think the battery on my Icon is dieing, it's not holding a charge as well as it used to. Can I take it to the Microsoft store and have it replaced on the spot? Will I have to send it in? What's Verizon's policy on battery replacement?

It's a internal battery and to remove it, you need to take most of the phone apart, Not a easy or user replaceable item. I would bet it would be a 98% chance where they will swap it out before pulling the phone apart to fix. Unless you send it directly to Nokia and in that case, plan to wait 2 weeks till you get it back.

The odds are, that if you bring it into a store complaining about battery, they are going to tell you to hard reset and try it again.

I would start by looking at the apps you have running in the background and disable 98% of them accept things you need day to day (I have pretty much everything disabled accept for Cortanna, Facebook and Twitter). This does solve about 90% of batter problems on Windows Phone..

Of course you can try to find a replacement battery and pull apart the phone to replace it if your techy but, you void any warranty.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

DavidinCT, thanks for the reply. I know the battery is not user removable, and that's why I'm finding out options. I have minimal running in the background, in fact up until recently I have had the battery easily last all day. I was hoping an on the spot replacement somewhere was an option, instead of sending it away an waiting. I'd be stoked if my Icon battery could live long enough for the 735 to show up on Verizon, and that they'd give me a 735 to replace my Icon.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

DavidinCT, thanks for the reply. I know the battery is not user removable, and that's why I'm finding out options. I have minimal running in the background, in fact up until recently I have had the battery easily last all day. I was hoping an on the spot replacement somewhere was an option, instead of sending it away an waiting. I'd be stoked if my Icon battery could live long enough for the 735 to show up on Verizon, and that they'd give me a 735 to replace my Icon.

Honestly, take a look over your apps, disable EVERYTHING besides 2 apps you NEED. It's funny, I installed one of the "free apps of the day", it was one that did math problems by taking a picture, never opened the app, It was running in the background and my battery went from a day and 1/2 to about 6 hours. I disabled the background task and I was back to normal. Because of this problem, I completely uninstalled the program and will only download it if I need it.

If your at wits end here with no other options and everything disabled in the background, I would try a hard reset and don't restore your settings.

Are you using the DP, or just 8.0 ? If your on the DP, a roll back to 8.0 might be in order here, just to rule out software.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

I'm still on 8.0, with people posting about battery life problems on 8.1, I didn't want to mess with it. Everything that is running in the background, I really need for work, battery life is a major issue for me, in my smartphone needs, all day battery life is a must. I re-checked whats running in the background and syncing and did a soft re-set, we'll see how it goes. I'll go for the hard re-set if this doesn't work.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster