Will my 920 sim fit into a 1520?

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered a 1520 from ebay and it's coming tomorrow.

Will my 920 sim fit into it or will I need to get a new sim? If so, does anyone know how to get one? Just walk into an AT&T store? Anyone have an idea of the cost?

​thanks!

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Nope, the 1520 uses the smaller Nano Sim Cards so you won't be able to use your 920's SIM. You can grab one (for free) at the AT&T store though, just bring in the 1520 and they'll give you a sim. With the release of the Smartcard App, if you're interested in using the mobile payments via NFC then you should ask for a Secure Element Sim (also free)

bcm835

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
(a bit too late) Lumia 1520 uses nano sim instead of the micro sim used in the 920. I believe the contacts are smaller on a nano sim making it impossible to cut a micro sim into a nano. Getting a new sim card is better in my opinion.

When it comes to the cost I don't really know!

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Nope, the 1520 uses the smaller Nano Sim Cards so you won't be able to use your 920's SIM. You can grab one (for free) at the AT&T store though, just bring in the 1520 and they'll give you a sim. With the release of the Smartcard App, if you're interested in using the mobile payments via NFC then you should ask for a Secure Element Sim (also free)

​Awesome thanks! Do you know if I'll have to pay an activation fee?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I cut the SIM card from my 920 down to fit into my 1520. If you search for nano sim template, there are guides. I was impatient, and I was sick, so I didn't feel like driving into town to pick up a new SIM card. I don't know if at&t would charge you or not.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They should swap out your SIM for free and activate your service onto the new SIM. They will say it may take up to several hours for the new SIM to work, but that is CYA talk. Most likely the whole deal will be complete in a moment. A nano SIM should be free...

If you got an AT&T branded 1520 you may want a secure SIM, for which there might be a charge. That would allow you to get the AT&T branded only SoftCard app and start using Tap-to-Pay.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
There was no charge from AT&T when I got my nano sim, going from a micro sim and also no down time at all.
Popped the new nano sim in the phone right in the store to confirm it worked and it did.

:)
Fred

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99