So where does one find a Nokia 830 orange shell?

SpunkForRobots

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up the AT&T Lumia 830. Loving it so far! But I really would like to get an orange colored backplate.
Anyone got a link from a US-based retailer that offers one for sale?
Thanks in advance.

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
It might be the exclude list is a bit wonky, send a message & ask. (reason i suspect it's wonky is they exlude UK & ireland aswell, which very few UK based sellers do, if any)

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered white, green, and black from this reseller (got the phone in orange) and I'm in the U.S. That was a while back though. It didn't say "doesn't ship to the U.S." at the time.

Anyway, the seller is good at responding to messages on Ebay, so give that a try like Tellus82 said.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

SpunkForRobots

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Just as an update, I too ordered one of the Orange shells for my AT&T Lumia 830. Unfortunately, there are problems:

1) If I use this shell with my DT-900 wireless charger, it omits a high-pitched hum. The connection-coverage area seems to be smaller than the AT&T supplied shells.
2) The Orange shell does NOT work at all with my CR-200 Wireless Car holder. I assume this is due to a variation in the placement of the connection of the shell to the back of the device.

So, it looks fantastic, but may not be all that practical, depending on your needs. I had to go back to rocking the AT&T supplied green shell.

Last edited:

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Just as an update, I too ordered one of the Orange shells for my AT&T Lumia 830. Unfortunately, there are problems:

1) If I use this shell with my DT-900 wireless charger, it omits a high-pitched hum. The connection-coverage area seems to be smaller than the AT&T supplied shells.
2) The Orange shell does NOT work at all with my CR-200 Wireless Car holder. I assume this is due to a variation in the placement of the connection of the shell to the back of the device.

So, it looks fantastic, but may not be all that practical, depending on your needs. I had to go back to rocking the AT&T supplied green shell.

On the po int of your car charger there are problems here. I have all 4 back plates for my L830 and NONE of them work correctly with my CR-201 car charger. Charging is intermittent at best. I have started a thread on Nokia support forums under Lumia please chime in there on this point. We need to get this fixed by Microsoft.

SpunkForRobots

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Like I said: If I use the green or black AT&T supplied shells, my CR-200 works 100% of the time. I've never had it fail. And I used it yesterday. Sorry, man. Doesn't sound like Microsoft's problem.

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Like I said: If I use the green or black AT&T supplied shells, my CR-200 works 100% of the time. I've never had it fail. And I used it yesterday. Sorry, man. Doesn't sound like Microsoft's problem.

I am in UK. I wonder if the AT&T shell has different or more windings in the coil. If this were the case then it would explain why you can charge all of the time in the CR-200.

SpunkForRobots

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Remember: The AT&T shells are wired for BOTH the Qi and PMA wireless chagrining standard. They are technically different. The non-AT&T shells are only Qi charging capable. So in your situation, if you use the shell's that came with your 830, they should work OK with the CR-200. They will line-up properly with the charger and your phone.

Or at least that's what I would assume from my experience.

Last edited:

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Remember: The AT&T shells are wired for BOTH the Qi and PMA wireless chagrining standard. They are technically different. The non-AT&T shells are only Qi charging capable. So in your situation, if you use the shell's that came with your 830, they should work OK with the CR-200. They will line-up properly with the charger and your phone.

Or at least that's what I would assume from my experience.

This I know and that's why I say that the coils must be different for you and indeed the Qi coil could be slightly higher up the back plate. I am techy and my plates will simply not work with the charger; none of the 4 I have. Without peeling off the coil covers could you look to see if the coil has a higher point and / or a lower point between the AT plate and the other one you bought. I still believe this could turn out to be the issue here. My L830 charges ok in my DT-900 and 901. Sorry for thread hijack too.

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
So, are these charging plates only available from non-official resellers? No official MS/ Nokia outlets to order these accessories?

Seems to be only this way. I have all colours mow but they do seem genuine and a point here is that the original supplied with the phone will not charge with car charger. All will however charge with the other charging plates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05