Anyone have an m8 that works well

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Read every forum for a phone here...the problems are all posted. No phone is immune to having problem hand sets out there. I have never seen a review mention issues which makes me think it is mostly peops got a "bad" one. I have had to replace my 925 2 times in last year. TG for Jump :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the M8 is a popular device in Android land, and out doesn't have a reputation for defects. I don't think the Windows version would be the same. Go anywhere, you'll read about nightmares on any phone, from the iPhone to something by BLU.
It's not representative for the entire population and biased towards implying more defective phones.
if the troubles you're read are holding you back, go for it, you're more likely to get a good unit, although defective ones always exist. There can be common quirks though, but I wouldn't think anything serious.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Same here going on two months and also love it. Never rebooted on me once unless I initiated it. I thought the icon was sweet. The M8 rewrote the definition of sweet for me. Sweetness personified. :love: Loving' it.

teller34

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I usually do alot of investigating on anything I buy anything. I don't want to spend alot of money for something I will regret.

pursuit2550

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I am on my second one. And both where plagued with the re-boot issued that ALOT of M8's are having, both the Windows and Android versions. I really dont care so much that is re-boots, because it always comes back on(if it didnt I would be p!ssed) but the volumes always go back to default. And since you usually dont see it re-boot you wont notice your volumes are low. My phone will re-boot and when I look at it I have missed calls, texts, email, etc. HTC needs to fix this but they wont, sadly.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am on my second one. And both where plagued with the re-boot issued that ALOT of M8's are having, both the Windows and Android versions. I really dont care so much that is re-boots, because it always comes back on(if it didnt I would be p!ssed) but the volumes always go back to default. And since you usually dont see it re-boot you wont notice your volumes are low. My phone will re-boot and when I look at it I have missed calls, texts, email, etc. HTC needs to fix this but they wont, sadly.
So you're sticking with a problematic device? That seems strange.

pursuit2550

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
So you're sticking with a problematic device? That seems strange.

No, I am not. I am going back to Android, because of other reason, which you have seen me post. I am on the edge program with VZW so no sense in swaping out devices when I will be switching to another device anyways. If I were to stay then hell yeah I would be swapping it out till i got a good one.

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Had mine since launch and no serious problems, every phone has its problems so you will not get one that is perfect, Not even IPhone. Love my new HTC One M8 for windows, best decision I have made.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Swap till you get a good one... Reboots now... More later... Unless the problem is you are pushing it too hard.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Best phone I've ever had. Still feels like a piece of nice furniture and works... We have our trolls over here accenting anything negative... Just pay attention. You'll have trouble finding a more likeable phone. It grows on you... Cortana on the HTC One seems to be the best audio pair I've seen. Mine works great...

MG

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
No, I am not. I am going back to Android, because of other reason, which you have seen me post. I am on the edge program with VZW so no sense in swaping out devices when I will be switching to another device anyways. If I were to stay then hell yeah I would be swapping it out till i got a good one.
Oh yeah I remember your post about it. While I am not a fan of this phone and what it stands for necessarily, I'm always sad when people decide to switch entirely to a new os. But yeah definitely go with what works best for you :)

epyon9283

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my second m8. First one kept rebooting so VZW replaced it. This one reboots less frequently so I kept it. If it doesn't reboot today I'll have hit a new record uptime of three days. woo.

anon(247108)

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Its a really solid phone. Wife and I both have one and have simply had no issues. Rebooted once, but was likely one of several apps I was playing with that I have since removed and no further reboots. Would have preferred a Lumina, but extra storage is a must. Cortana in car texting is a revelation. Have used the camera and it was as good, if not better than my iPhone 5s

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my second m8. First one kept rebooting so VZW replaced it. This one reboots less frequently so I kept it. If it doesn't reboot today I'll have hit a new record uptime of three days. woo.

I definitely would not keep a phone that reboots even less lol. Could progressively get worse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12