Lumia 1020 starts to lag.

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys. I have Lumia 1020 and my phone has been lagging for last few days. When I'm scrolling list its lagging, in Windows Central app news are lagging when I scroll, messanger is also lagging, it is very annoying. Any possible fix for that?

mth17

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Storage could be a factor. It could depend on a multitude of things:

• Amount of Apps
  • Amount of Photos
  • You not clearing the Internet Explorer history (which deletes temp files and cookies)
  • An app you previously installed is buggy

You could try Soft Reseting the phone, and worse comes to worst, Factory Reset it.

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Storage could be a factor. It could depend on a multitude of things:

• Amount of Apps
  • Amount of Photos
  • You not clearing the Internet Explorer history (which deletes temp files and cookies)
  • An app you previously installed is buggy

You could try Soft Reseting the phone, and worse comes to worst, Factory Reset it.

I'll try to clean IE history, also I have a lot of apps but less photos. I keep photos taken with phone on PC or OneDrive. I tried soft reset but I don't want to do hard reset as I have important data and apps on it.

mth17

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh OK, so try to "delete history" in the applications portion of Internet Explorer.Then check in your app download history which apps you have installed recently and try uninstalling them, then restart phone. You say you have alot of apps so it could very well may be that.

9112Fisher

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Ahhh OK, so try to "delete history" in the applications portion of Internet Explorer.Then check in your app download history which apps you have installed recently and try uninstalling them, then restart phone. You say you have alot of apps so it could very well may be that.

I did it, It's better now, it's still lagging but a lot less :D Thank you!

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I had an old 1020 that did this after the 8.1 update and The Microsoft Store replaced. The replacement starting doing the same thing after a few weeks so I used the Lumia software tool to roll back and start again and it has done well for a few weeks but has started to lag again in the last week. I really think the problem is 8.1. This is just my 2 cents though.

treetownal

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This phone is crazy laggy now. Really unacceptable. The processor and RAM are inadequate and out of date, but updating to 8.1 has made it run terribly. It is completely normal and a result of MS giving up on the device around the same time as 8.1 was released. .

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
This phone is crazy laggy now. Really unacceptable. The processor and RAM are inadequate and out of date, but updating to 8.1 has made it run terribly. It is completely normal and a result of MS giving up on the device around the same time as 8.1 was released. .

This issue has absolutely nothing to do with the device having "outdated" internals like CPU or RAM. It's laughable when any modern smartphone has stuttering/lag issues. Such issues are ALWAYS software issues (poor OS or app development). Better/more powerful hardware can cover that up, so you won't see it, but the problem is still there, leaving you with an extremely inefficient device.

WP has always had OS/app issues with some processes seemingly getting "stuck". This is much better than it used to be, but it apparently still isn't flawless, particularly on Lumia x20 generation devices.

Just rebooting helps most of the time... for a while. The suggestion above to look at recently installed or updated apps, uninstalling them, and then rebooting is the most likely to help permanently.

I've never seen the clearing of IE's cache make a difference.

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

My 1020 runs fine. It only ever lags if storage is low (2/1gb left), otherwise it is very speedy and smooth.

andrygun

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
My L1020 also runs well, very smooth in fact...

You can try
  • keep limited background task to run in the battery saver
  • remove apps you dont really use
  • hard reset even if you dont want to

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss