Could I have scratches on my gorilla glass on my L730?

muralidharan lumino

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Scratches on my gorilla glass in my L730

I have bought this L730 phone 2 weeks ago. And Knowing that it has gorilla glass I didn't protected it with screen guard. I never used this phone hard or never let my phone display to touch any hard surface. But now I had 9-10 mini scratches on my phone display. It really hit my confidence on gorilla glass. Please tell me any one had this experience.

Adamos27

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Scratches on my gorilla glass in my L730

Hi I have the same with my Lumia 930 after keep the phone in my pocket.Strange because my old 920 has no scratches at all and I was carrying both phones just in the pocket.So where is this gorilla glass ???

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

advise for you both guys, buy a lens cleaner (available at any optician) and wipe your screen with a smooth cloth after pouring 1-2 drops/ sprays. All your scratches will be removed. They are not scratches, just smudges.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

My 920 is Gorilla Glass clad.

It has scratches, GG isn't perfect. It shrugs off many things, but it isn't invincible.
I've since picked up a screen protector, but still, I saw mini-scratches pop up, but nothing major. (except for three massive ones, but that reflects more on the circumstances of their creation than GG's weakness.)

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant, but not scratch proof. Realistically speaking, it would be impossible to make something completely scratch proof. GG will protect your phone from things like keys scraping up against the glass in your pocket, but individual particles of dust and grit in your pocket can easily be harder than glass, and that can scratch your screen. The advice from Pranshul Sood would be good there, the lens cleaning solution may help wipe grit and dust off your screen without scratching.

muralidharan lumino

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant, but not scratch proof. Realistically speaking, it would be impossible to make something completely scratch proof. GG will protect your phone from things like keys scraping up against the glass in your pocket, but individual particles of dust and grit in your pocket can easily be harder than glass, and that can scratch your screen. The advice from Pranshul Sood would be good there, the lens cleaning solution may help wipe grit and dust off your screen without scratching.

Thanks. And I just ordered a scratch guard for my phone and I will use to prevent it from further damages. Thanks for the information

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

My 1520 had a couple of light scratches before and now it's gone. Maybe they're not really scratches.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Nikhil Shrivastava

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site

yes i have also same experience. kindly open the gorilla glass website , it shows that lumia 730 have scratch resistant gorlla glass 3 but i have scratches on screen just after use of 6 months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)