Considering 1520 - Have a Few Questions

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Oh by the way I had the tap/scroll issue. Then I changed my sensitivity setting which defaulted to high. Now that its low, I haven't had the issue once.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the 1520 and like it with very few issues. I don't know what the scroll tap bug is but if its when the screen keeps reverting back after you scroll then I've encountered it. Another issue I've had is when I wake the phone up, the screen stays black but the buttons on the bottom are lit. The last issue is with YouTube in the browser. When playing a video it randomly says "cannot be decoded" and force quits. Only issues I have had and can say its not enough to deter anybody from getting one. I actually just bought the 830 too. Even though it technically is a downgrade, I love the size and form factor. I can make do without the fancy specs. Hope that helps.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I was weary of the 1520 aswell, but, I caved, and I regret none of it! i only bought my 1520.3 a couple weeks ago, I havent had the tap issue yet, and no other ones really, those clsest i came to an issue is when playing big games for a while it can get pretty hot.

1520.3 works perfectly on tmobile, 2g 3g 4g and lte all work perfectly

as for the car issue, I've made it habit to take it out of my pocket and put it in a shelf on my dashboard right before i sit down

elitejedimaster

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
My take on the 1520... I went through 3 of them, each with swipe/tap issues. I RMA'ed the first one about 3 weeks after purchase, and thought I was golden... for about 2 days. I RMA'ed that one, and even got different color, just to try to avoid a bad production run. I decided to play with that one before sending #2 back. Swipe/tap showed up within the first few minutes. #3 went back without even putting #2 in the return box. I stuck with #2 for the 12 months required by AT&T Next, and as soon as I made my 12th payment, swapped it out. If there weren't a *lot* of phones with this issue, I don't think I'd have run into 3 phones with the exact same problem.

I've said all that to say this: All in all, the 1520 is an excellent phone. It just had the occasional tendency to drive me a little mad. It's fast, it takes great pictures, and has a *really* big screen. Even so, I decided I needed a slightly smaller phone, so I got the HTC One M8 for Win last week. The 5 inch screen is easier for me to handle, and I've no particularly annoying issues yet. We'll see how their support for updates goes.

jeff92k7

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
To the questions/remarks about "year-old-hardware" - that makes no difference to me. It's still top-notch for a WP device, and I don't see anything coming that would really make me regret the choice.

This!

I'm so tired of seeing people post with the mindset that they HAVE to get the latest and greatest phone... like it's some sort of competition with other people. It's ridiculous. If you're constantly looking at getting the "next" model, then you'll never be happy with what you have. There will always be a "next" model coming soon. Learn to love what you have. Buy what works for you. Get out of the mindset of comparing yourself (or your phone) to others. That will just make you miserable.

I just bought a 1520 (red, ATT version) and I'm happy with my decision. I don't care that it's a year old. I don't care that it only has 16GB vs 32GB - I can add an SD card anyway. I don't care that it doesn't have QI charging. What it does have is a warranty that the 1520.3/RM938 doesn't have in the USA. Getting warranty coverage for it is more important to me than bragging about having QI charging. Maybe others would prefer the QI charging over the warranty, and that's ok - as long as that's what THEY want and they're not buying that model for stupid bragging rights.

As I said, if you're always looking for something "better", you'll never enjoy what you have. Enjoy the 1520 for what it is and how it meets your needs. Leave the bragging rights to Apple sheep.

Z8JLsgokUI

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I went from 920 to 1520.3 (RM-938) at Tmobile. Never looked back, love it. You need 1700 and 2100 bands on the RM-938 to enjoy the LTE on Tmobile. Green, the Hulk looks good but I need the speed.

Bleser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
as for the car issue, I've made it habit to take it out of my pocket and put it in a shelf on my dashboard right before i sit down

Yep, I imagine I'll just adapt to it. I won't be able to put it in my cupholder anymore but I'll either get a wireless car charger or put it in the cubby next to my steering wheel. It'll become the 'new normal'.

I'm so tired of seeing people post with the mindset that they HAVE to get the latest and greatest phone... like it's some sort of competition with other people. It's ridiculous. If you're constantly looking at getting the "next" model, then you'll never be happy with what you have. There will always be a "next" model coming soon. Learn to love what you have. Buy what works for you. Get out of the mindset of comparing yourself (or your phone) to others. That will just make you miserable.

I just bought a 1520 (red, ATT version) and I'm happy with my decision. I don't care that it's a year old. I don't care that it only has 16GB vs 32GB - I can add an SD card anyway. I don't care that it doesn't have QI charging. What it does have is a warranty that the 1520.3/RM938 doesn't have in the USA. Getting warranty coverage for it is more important to me than bragging about having QI charging. Maybe others would prefer the QI charging over the warranty, and that's ok - as long as that's what THEY want and they're not buying that model for stupid bragging rights.

As I said, if you're always looking for something "better", you'll never enjoy what you have. Enjoy the 1520 for what it is and how it meets your needs. Leave the bragging rights to Apple sheep.

Yep, it is amazing. If you search for 1520 on YouTube today, you get all kinds of comparisons to the iPhone6+ and other phablets and it seems to usually come out the winner even though it "is a year old". It actually makes the camera/video experience on the iPhone6 seem very outdated.

I went from 920 to 1520.3 (RM-938) at Tmobile. Never looked back, love it. You need 1700 and 2100 bands on the RM-938 to enjoy the LTE on Tmobile. Green, the Hulk looks good but I need the speed.

Yep, not a T-Mobile customer yet but will be with this device. Can't wait to drop Sprint and the complete lack of phone compatibility they have with respect to Windows Phone. My Samsung ATIV S Neo has never felt so crappy until I've decided to get a Nokia and realized what I've been missing.

Thanks all. Great thread.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The only problem I have is in my car. I don't have any place in my car to comfortably sit the phone. My 920 fit perfectly in my cup holder, there isn't a place big enough to fit the enormous 1520.

Maybe you could just buckle it in the passenger seat ;)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I imagine I'll just adapt to it. I won't be able to put it in my cupholder anymore but I'll either get a wireless car charger or put it in the cubby next to my steering wheel. It'll become the 'new normal'.
You're lucky to have those options. I worry that my pocket stitching isn't strong enough to hold the phone the way I drive!

Bleser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm posting this via the Windows Central app on my 1520.3 on T-Mobile. Needless to say here, but it is fantastic. Couldn't be happier. The wife's 735 is sweet as well getting full LTE on T-Mobile.

Thanks again all!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05