Facing some problems with Nokia Lumia 925

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought a Nokia Lumia 925. Now i am facing some problems with it,
1. The phone just turns off randomly even it has battery remaining after every week or two weeks, then i turn it on using power button + lower volume button + camera button
2. Now when i turn it on the battery is drained to almost 10-15%
3. Moreover i have noticed that messages and calls are not being received sometimes, i.e. the phone acts as if it is in airplane mode... so i restart the mobile to get missed msgs,
4. sometimes i get these msgs in notification only, and not in messaging app!

What is wrong with it? Any solutions?

Thanks

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Will this tool revert the phone back to windows phone 8.0? As the phone is running 8.1 at the moment.
With that kind of issue I'd suggest using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool.

Keep in mind this will erase everything on your phone. It should fix your problems however. Be sure to read the information before using it.
You need a PC with Windows 7 or 8, internet connection and USB cable. The download is rather large.

FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Will this tool revert the phone back to windows phone 8.0? As the phone is running 8.1 at the moment.

No, the software downloads the latest firmware and installs it. You can't go backwards with this software. You can then install preview if you wish after that.

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks , i am downloading the latest firmware through this software now. I will let you know how it pans out when i reset the phone using this software.
Do you think it may be a hardware problem?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks , i am downloading the latest firmware through this software now. I will let you know how it pans out when i reset the phone using this software.
Do you think it may be a hardware problem?

Anything is possible but it appears more software related.

One thing I would suggest and I'm not saying do this but sometimes not restoring from backup may be a good thing. If you have nothing you're overly worried about then don't restore. Just install your apps individually. Sometimes apps do cause issues.

If you plan to install the DP, do that after the fresh install. Be sure to check for updates. Then install your apps.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a 925 that used to run the PforD. The new TMO official 8.1 update got installed two weeks ago. As a test to respond to you, I just hooked the phone up to the Nokia Software Updater, and it does show the current OS version as the one it would reinstall. Contrast that to earlier, it wanted to go back to a basic 8.0.

So, you should be getting the latest and greatest via Updater. You will also find out with that program if your phone is under warranty. I would suggest going to Settings/Update just to make sure all is the latest.

Hardware problems are extremely rare in the circuit board. Things like the earphone jack are more likely, sometime hard buttons. Or, antenna wires corroded at contacts.

I have found my two 925's the worst phones I've ever owned, and that's a bunch. Number three (having replaced number one) is in the shop now. The one in use will be going back to warranty repair as soon as number three gets back. Nokia just ships me "new" phones, different IMEI's. My issues have been terrible connectivity, especially voice, and also the worst Wifi Calling. I was a pioneer in the latter, I know what is good and what is bad.

Best of luck!

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
It's disheartening to hear about some of the problems some people have with the 925. My 925 has never had any issues like a lot of the ones I see people post. The only issues I've ever had with mine was when I was running Preview for Developers ...... hoo boy never will do that again. After Cyan update via T-mobile my 925 is back to awesome. Everything works like it should.

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, i was not facing any problem with my phone up till now... i too read many complaints about lumia 925 on the web, but i thought i am lucky! Its great that you are not facing any trouble with Lumia 925! :)
It's disheartening to hear about some of the problems some people have with the 925. My 925 has never had any issues like a lot of the ones I see people post. The only issues I've ever had with mine was when I was running Preview for Developers ...... hoo boy never will do that again. After Cyan update via T-mobile my 925 is back to awesome. Everything works like it should.

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Update: Yesterday I reinstalled the latest firmware using the software recovery... it downloaded about 1.6gb data and installed it on my phone. And today my phone turned off itself at about battery level of above 90%. and i used three keys power, camera, volume lower to turn the phone back on! The date was set wrong like before now, so i set the date back right.
What is the problem?
Thanks
I have a 925 that used to run the PforD. The new TMO official 8.1 update got installed two weeks ago. As a test to respond to you, I just hooked the phone up to the Nokia Software Updater, and it does show the current OS version as the one it would reinstall. Contrast that to earlier, it wanted to go back to a basic 8.0.

So, you should be getting the latest and greatest via Updater. You will also find out with that program if your phone is under warranty. I would suggest going to Settings/Update just to make sure all is the latest.

Hardware problems are extremely rare in the circuit board. Things like the earphone jack are more likely, sometime hard buttons. Or, antenna wires corroded at contacts.

I have found my two 925's the worst phones I've ever owned, and that's a bunch. Number three (having replaced number one) is in the shop now. The one in use will be going back to warranty repair as soon as number three gets back. Nokia just ships me "new" phones, different IMEI's. My issues have been terrible connectivity, especially voice, and also the worst Wifi Calling. I was a pioneer in the latter, I know what is good and what is bad.

Best of luck!

Anything is possible but it appears more software related.

One thing I would suggest and I'm not saying do this but sometimes not restoring from backup may be a good thing. If you have nothing you're overly worried about then don't restore. Just install your apps individually. Sometimes apps do cause issues.

If you plan to install the DP, do that after the fresh install. Be sure to check for updates. Then install your apps.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

I am SO jealous. Never had any issues with Preview updates other than SMS not working on WFC. Which doesn't work anyway, so it's all moot.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I have reset it using Settings/Phone/About also now.... I get 4, 6 sms instead of the one i sent. I get multiple copies of same sms, which i sent only one!

magicaltastic

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Search around the net, the freezing and battery use seems to happen on quite a few 925s, mine included. I've tried everything mentioned but it still happens to me occasionally, seem to happen more when my wifi is enabled. My wife has a 925 and it's not happened once to hers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)