[L830] Wifi quits working?

JasonSCarter

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, possibly a bug then if an upgrade fixed yours. I am not keen on putting developer software on my brand new phone that still is under warranty. Hopefully Microsoft will have a firmware update out soon and work with ATT to get it pushed out.

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue with my 830 (RM-984)

I first noticed it while playing FIFA UT I was getting the "disconnected from server" message very often, also using WhatsApp messages wont come out or in.
I'd have to go and check the WiFi settings in order to reconnect to my home network.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried connecting the gf's 830 to our other home wifi and it seem to fix it for a few days, then went right back to the same false connection. Been thumbing through msft wp support and it seems the consensus is to reset the phone. :\

JasonSCarter

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I made a post on Microsoft Answers and complained to them on Twitter. I hope they are taking this issue seriously and stop just telling us tor restart or reset our phones. It's a big issue with this model.

sridhar dwivedi

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
...whenever I try to connect to my home wifi it always showed 'no internet access' here's what I did
1. Deleted the connected WiFi name
2.did soft reset
3.and then it worked....
Hope it help

Last edited:

tersagun

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I humbly ask for anyone to test my method to notice if you have a connection problem (Wi-Fi or cellular) as well.
You might have the problem without noticing it.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have that issue since I got my L1020, I'm guessing its the radio(or something familiar,) or the router itself are having problem here cause the only way I found to solve this is to restart my router,

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Well about 3 weeks after a reset the wifi problem happened again on mine. So it seems at least in my case another temporary fix. Meanwhile my gf's continues to do it more often and now at different places when it was only occurring at home wifi.

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Same here. Connects fine to home Wifi at first. Works OK for awhile. After a few days or a week when I go to Tools>Wi-Fi the "Connected to" menu option "times out" and says no wifi connections. This bug also makes it impossible to connect to any other Wifi networks until shutting off the Lumia 830 and restarting. When this issue occurs, the restart takes a very long time.

I also have a Band. Seems to be a common thread .

Hoping Microsoft fixes this soon.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Actually I notice this often on my Lumia 1520....i thought it was just me tbh. Glad to know it is not.

One of my brother's has this phone and he said he noticed the bug on his 830 but no big deal. It usually fixes itself.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Btw, I do not have a Microsoft Band, or a Fitbit, or any other kind of fitness device. The only bluetooth devices I use regularly are a Nokia BH-121 headset and a Jabra EasyGO headset. I also occasionally use bluetooth to transfer files from and to a MacBook Pro and a Thinkpad.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm thinking it might be a bug that occurs when connecting more than one Bluetooth device. I've had to stop using my band. It sucks because I like using my band but I'd rather have my phone connected to my car. If I have more than one device connected I'll get the issue. I'd rather just have one thing being able to connect than having to restart my phone everytime this happens. :-/ Hopefully there's a fix soon.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had everything disconnected except SYNC on my car, and have had zero problems since then. I just bought a pair of wireless bluetooth headphones so we'll see how that goes lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire