Hissing sound using speaker phone

panjabi

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a new 1520.3 and am on AT&T. My phone is running Cyan

I just upgraded from a AT&T Lumia 920 and while I am loving everything about the 1520, there is one thing that is driving me nuts.

The speaker phone has a LOUD hissing sound whenever I dial out. By "speaker phone", I mean that when I dial a phone number, I click on the "Speaker" button in the dial pad to have a hands free phone call. This is an essential feature for me as I have phone conference meetings where I need to be using the computer and thus need my hands free.

The hissing sound is consistent and remains there for the entire call. When someone speaks it is reduced but when silence comes back, the hissing takes over

In two years of using the 920, I NEVER had an issue with the speaker phone in thousands of conversations, even after I upgraded to Cyan.

However, from day one, the 1520 speaker phone has a background hissing sound. Even with a 4 or 5 bar LTE connection (I live in DFW). Lowering the speaker volume to 5 (from 10), lowers the hissing sound but does not eliminate it.

As there are no audio controls (other than the Equalizer), I am wondering how I can fix this? I would HATE to return the phone, but this hissing is really annoying for me as I spend upwards of 4 hours a day using the "speaker phone" feature

Is there any solution to this? Or maybe any third party apps that can reduce the hissing sound? Or do I just have a bad unit and I need to return it? Or is there some other reason

As an additional piece of information, I am just using the thin Incipio shell and have nothing blocking the speaker. In fact I have tried it without any case and it made no difference.

Please help! I will be most thankful and send bushels of good karma your way!

panjabi

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
HI Y'all!

Any thoughts on this? My 30 day return window to B&H is creeping up quite fast and I wanted to see if there was some kind of a fix to the hissing background sound on the Speaker phone

Many thanks in advance!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett