HTC One M8 For Windows (Verizon Model) on AT&T and Cricket

Nokia1520

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I want to buy an AT&T model HTC One M8 For Windows, but they won't sell me one without having their service for 60 days. Rather, they will sell it to me but won't unlock it. So I was wondering the differences in radios and frequencies in regards to 4G and LTE. Will the Verizon model have full functionality on AT&T? I assume if it were then that would carry over to Cricket since it is a subsidiary of a subsidiary. I looked though and they seem to have different bands they use. Also I notice that this is a hard thing to nail down because one also has to consider the coverage area. I will be in Texas so who knows. I wanted this phone so bad and was willing to shell out full price, but not an additional 2 months of service I won't use as well. That is crazy. Does anyone know if any of those unlocking services work? I'd use one of those for 15 bucks or so to unlock a full price phone.
Please any suggestions to any of this would be helpful. Thank you.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I want to buy an AT&T model HTC One M8 For Windows, but they won't sell me one without having their service for 60 days. Rather, they will sell it to me but won't unlock it. So I was wondering the differences in radios and frequencies in regards to 4G and LTE. Will the Verizon model have full functionality on AT&T? I assume if it were then that would carry over to Cricket since it is a subsidiary of a subsidiary. I looked though and they seem to have different bands they use. Also I notice that this is a hard thing to nail down because one also has to consider the coverage area. I will be in Texas so who knows. I wanted this phone so bad and was willing to shell out full price, but not an additional 2 months of service I won't use as well. That is crazy. Does anyone know if any of those unlocking services work? I'd use one of those for 15 bucks or so to unlock a full price phone.
Please any suggestions to any of this would be helpful. Thank you.

Verizon LTE devices are not locked in the first place.

us66

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Full functionality is doubtful with the Verizon phone. I have a Verizon 822 which I occasionally use on Cricket. No LTE and no MMS. (8.1 MAY fix that as I had no MMS with my ATT locked 920 until the 8.1 update. LTE always worked with that phone.) If you want to use the ATT phone on Cricket, no unlocking is necessary.

Nokia1520

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Full functionality is doubtful with the Verizon phone. I have a Verizon 822 which I occasionally use on Cricket. No LTE and no MMS. (8.1 MAY fix that as I had no MMS with my ATT locked 920 until the 8.1 update. LTE always worked with that phone.) If you want to use the ATT phone on Cricket, no unlocking is necessary.

Hmm. I see, but I'd have to compare that phone to the Verizon HTC One M8 For Windows to see if it would be similar. All this is really driving me back to just plain and simply going to a dumb phone. I am not an enthusiast, so I may just have to do that if I can't do what I want. It's funny AT&T won't just take my money and unlock the phone I am willing to buy unsubsidized.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234