Status of Cyan update changed to "Under Development"

zweible

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
On the Microsoft site, the status has been changed from "Under Testing" to "Under Development" for the Cyan update. This sounds like a step backwards to those waiting for the update.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
On the Microsoft site, the status has been changed from "Under Testing" to "Under Development" for the Cyan update. This sounds like a step backwards to those waiting for the update.

For those too lazy to Bing: Availability in North America - Nokia

I doubt anything has changed. It's not a step back. Just Verizon using their league of lawyers to force Microsoft to change the language on the website to make Verizon look better. "Under Development" makes it sound like the ball is in Microsoft's court. Which is, of course, a steamy pile of BS.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, as the ones in Canada still say under testing. I just wanna know who development is and if she can move out of the way so the update can freely move from under her.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
"under development" = whenever Verizon gets off it's lazy *** and decides to push out the update

at least some change on that page is something I guess, after having cyan 6-7 months Verizon is rocketing forward into their "under development phase" from their rigorous "under testing phase" :eck:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just browsed through the other continents listed on http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/

Verizon is the ONLY carrier with phones listed as "Under Development." That includes major CDMA carriers in other parts of the world. This is merely another BS attempt to save face for Verizon. Just like Belfiore's tweet about "Verizon taking quality seriously." Bunch of malarkey...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Update: Verizon Lumia Cyan update reverts to 'Under Development' as delay continues | Windows Central

"Nokia confirmed with me that the reason Verizon is holding up the Cyan firmware update for the Lumia Icon is because Verizon is demanding that their phone apps (VZ Navigator, My Verizon, Voicemail, etc.) work "perfectly" on the device before they will approve the Cyan firmware update. They sent the Cyan firmware update back to Microsoft for "development changes" to ensure this happens."

Ridiculous...

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
It would make sense if these developments were taking place in April or June at the latest. It's simply outrageous the snails pace that Microsoft and Verizon are operating on. Yeah, I guess it sucks that I guess Verizon wants their **** to work, or whatever their real reason is, but Microsoft has to ******* play ball by their rules, and do it with some ******* urgency.

Jesus Christ, failure in every sense of the word on Microsoft.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It would make sense if these developments were taking place in April or June at the latest. It's simply outrageous the snails pace that Microsoft and Verizon are operating on. Yeah, I guess it sucks that I guess Verizon wants their **** to work, or whatever their real reason is, but Microsoft has to ******* play ball by their rules, and do it with some ******* urgency.

Jesus Christ, failure in every sense of the word on Microsoft.

Oye...

Verizon wants Microsoft to change their firmware so that Verizon's OWN crappy apps will work better. At least that's the story we're being given.

Verizon could update their OWN app if it was really a major concern. Making app changes is much easier than entire firmware changes.

Thanks to Microsoft, we were able to use WP8.1 eight months ago. Pretty much EVERY OTHER carrier is currently running WP8.1 with Cyan just fine. You'd have to ignore a lot of facts here to blame Microsoft.

GoJays

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Oye...

Verizon wants Microsoft to change their firmware so that Verizon's OWN crappy apps will work better. At least that's the story we're being given.

Verizon could update their OWN app if it was really a major concern. Making app changes is much easier than entire firmware changes.

Thanks to Microsoft, we were able to use WP8.1 eight months ago. Pretty much EVERY OTHER carrier is currently running WP8.1 with Cyan just fine. You'd have to ignore a lot of facts here to blame Microsoft.
Those apps suck in WP8.0

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
bugs and problems with cyan on their network I could of understood better even though it has taken forever but the reason for this long delay is the bloat-ware that most people uninstall as soon as you get a new phone/update

just when you think Verizon couldn't care less about their WP customers you see something like this, just absolutely ridiculous

pursuit2550

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
It's like Microsoft WANTS me to jump back to Android or iOS.

They do, I did this weekend. Was away from Android for far to long. WP isnt changing overnight and they have alot of changing to do. Didnt VZW drop WP's at one point? Wonder if they are trying to do the same thing again. Tell you the truth I dont remember seeing any WP on display at the VZW store I went to. If they had any they were hiding them or something.

blushrts717

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm becoming more convinced there is a hardware bug with the phone. If I can swing it at work, I'm going android with an LG G3. It's been nice WP.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Man I feel bad for you guys..

I sold my Icon and ditched Verizon a while back. I am currently happy on AT&T with the Lumia 830..

I do wonder if Verizon wants to bake their crapware into the OS so users can't uninstall it? That to me would make the most sense as to why they are having the so called issues updating their apps for Cyan..

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
This seems like a subtle way for Microsoft to point the finger back at Verizon without violating any contracts or NDAs and it makes perfect sense. They put their own bloatware above everything else and lie about it every day to users. It's disgusting and shortsighted. They want Microsoft to hack perfectly working firmware in order to make their own apps work "perfectly" instead of updating them themselves to work with the new firmware.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
And only because they strip out native VVM and force their BS in there.

Really wish they would use the internal one, their VVM app is a piece of sh*t, I had a VM in there for over a week, that it did not notify me about. Yea, a very important high end job I applied for, I had to take a job for $50K less because of it....Yea, pretty pissed off about that crappy app.

They do, I did this weekend. Was away from Android for far to long. WP isnt changing overnight and they have alot of changing to do. Didnt VZW drop WP's at one point? Wonder if they are trying to do the same thing again. Tell you the truth I dont remember seeing any WP on display at the VZW store I went to. If they had any they were hiding them or something.

Yea, my LG G2 with a broken display came in today...a nice white one... I have all the parts ready to fix it (about a 1-2 hour job, done it before on this model phone), but, now I just need the time to do it..(all for under $100).

Think I am going to play with this phone for a while...till Cyan hits the ICON...and that could be a while..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077