Lumia 830 always wakes to camera: how do I fix it?

genod

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife's L830 always wakes into the camera app. It does not matter which camera app she specifies as the default, nor does it matter if she uses the power button or double tap to wake. When the swipes up from the lock screen the camera app opens.

Is there a setting I messed up or could this be a bug? So far, I have tried changing camera apps and several soft resets to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
​Geno

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Just to be sure.. She doesn't press the camera button to wake up the phone right? The power button (second one) should be pressed to wake up the phone :) just saying.

If it's not that then perhaps uninstalling the camera app and checking could work

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
That happens to me too but I know I touch the camera button. This is one thing I am not getting used too is to grab the phone without activating the camera or reducing the volume all the way down.

genod

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. We tried everything, deleting all camera apps, using the accidental camera launch settings and even a hard reset. This thing is possessed. You can be talking on the phone and suddenly the flash starts going off... There goes the camera again.

Taking it back for a replacement today. She loves the L830 over her L920 and I hope we just got a lemon. I appreciate all the help.

Ekzel Sevilla

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 830 also encountered the same issue.
I apparently fixed it by doing a hard reset by holding power button and volume down key for at least 15 seconds until it vibrates then restarts. My phone restarted and did not encounter the issue again.

Hope this will help some users. :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 830 also encountered the same issue.
I apparently fixed it by doing a hard reset by holding power button and volume down key for at least 15 seconds until it vibrates then restarts. My phone restarted and did not encounter the issue again.

Hope this will help some users. :)

Thanks for the tip and welcome to the site.

For the record: holding Volume Down + Power until reboot is a Soft Reset though. Soft Reset reboots with a cleaned out system memory (RAM).

Hard Reset reflashes the OS from the recovery held in storage and then you have to go through set up again. It is another series of button pushes entirely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234