Why I will not be buying a WIndows phone next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You got the most inexpensive WP made and you got beef with Windows Phone to the point of dismissing it in a post? Somehow, I don't believe any of it. I'm calling it.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i request all the people to calm down. this is an eternal war going on.. we will fuel it by calmly discussing it rather than quarrel, so that we will be able to enjoy it more.

further, don take it personally #N_LaRUE, why so much u hate to WP? i mean, all others are quite junior to u, u seems quite senior user (counting on ur posts and reading a lot of them since long), i thought u must be in favor of WP.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
further, don take it personally #N_LaRUE, why so much u hate to WP? i mean, all others are quite junior to u, u seems quite senior user (counting on ur posts and reading a lot of them since long), i thought u must be in favor of WP.

Who said I hated WP? People need to learn the difference between criticism and hate.

People who buy low/mid end phones think WP is fantastic. Great, I'm happy for you and I'm glad you like the experience on low/mid end phones and what you get out of them.

From a flagship perspective WP has been greatly disappointing this year and there is still a lot needed on WP. No I don't want to hear WP doesn't need great hardware.

In the two years I've been using WP it's been like being on Symbian again. You feel like you're in a niche OS using niche handsets. Yes things have gotten better but there's a long way to go. MS has been quite disappointing and though many expect miracles from W10 I'd say it will take more than cross platform apps to make WP competitive.

That's my personal opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
...Learn from the masters - the iphone has a silence button (single press)...

By all means, go spend hundreds of dollars more to get that little switch to get that silence button instead of the <$100 L520. When you do get an iPhone, you'll lose a different switch/button you may have become accustomed to on the L520. A button that launches and snaps a photo.... "Simples!".

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. One way or the other. I own several phones and like all of them. None are perfect but they do what I want them to do. I use WP and Android so I know how they differ and I hear the SAME complaints on the Android forum that I hear on the WP forum. I don't comment on negative posts as it does little good for the poster or the readers. Its just the way it is and always will be. Good luck with whatever you get I wish you the best if you stay or don't stay.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. One way or the other. I own several phones and like all of them. None are perfect but they do what I want them to do. I use WP and Android so I know how they differ and I hear the SAME complaints on the Android forum that I hear on the WP forum. I don't comment on negative posts as it does little good for the poster or the readers. Its just the way it is and always will be. Good luck with whatever you get I wish you the best if you stay or don't stay.

This ^^^

S T1

Banned
Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what you are talking about, but my Lumia 1520's alarm can be set anyway I wish. its 100% customizable, to go off and on anytime of day or night. My wife's Lumia 1020 and my kids Lumia 521's are all the same way, as well. We are all running Win8.1. Also you can talk to Cortana as well, letting her know, you wish the phn to be in silent mode. simple and way easy.
BTW, Crapple iJUNK is way behind other brands. what's in the Overrated, way hyped, extremely overpriced so ppl think its soooo special, absolute garbage, that was designed mainly for iSHEEP that have no clue, many of iJUNK features were used on Windows or android phns years ago. NOTHING iJUNK has is or was their own idea, NOTHING. Even their so call iJUNK design was stolen from Sony,(just search for """APPLE COPIED SONY""" and click on the images). All apple does is copy other brands, and fool, mislead, pretend,...........it was all their own idea. NOOOOOT

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Who said I hated WP? People need to learn the difference between criticism and hate.

People who buy low/mid end phones think WP is fantastic. Great, I'm happy for you and I'm glad you like the experience on low/mid end phones and what you get out of them.

From a flagship perspective WP has been greatly disappointing this year and there is still a lot needed on WP. No I don't want to hear WP doesn't need great hardware.

In the two years I've been using WP it's been like being on Symbian again. You feel like you're in a niche OS using niche handsets. Yes things have gotten better but there's a long way to go. MS has been quite disappointing and though many expect miracles from W10 I'd say it will take more than cross platform apps to make WP competitive.

That's my personal opinion and I'm entitled to it.

dear,

i do appriciate your opinion and definitely value it. in fact, it made me understand different views better. i already said that, i do read many of ur posts.
and i am myself interested in fueling this discussion (just dont want it to be a catfight), so that we get better understanding.
i found many new apps and features i was not aware about from this kind of discussions.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
What I don't understand is why someone who has a 520 and now wants an iPhone (Hardly a direct comparison on specifications) would take the trouble to join a forum and for his first post, post a "That's it I am off thread", well I suppose it worked if the intention is to raise blood pressure among some of you :smile:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
dear,

i do appriciate your opinion and definitely value it. in fact, it made me understand different views better. i already said that, i do read many of ur posts.
and i am myself interested in fueling this discussion (just dont want it to be a catfight), so that we get better understanding.
i found many new apps and features i was not aware about from this kind of discussions.

You asked a question and I answered. I'm not starting a cat fight, I'm just simply stating my point of view. Nothing more.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
OP has not returned, and his question was answered on the first page anyway (Cortana Quiet Hours). Therefore, this thread is finished.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre