Qi chargers

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Got the ATT 830, the store doesn't sell any Qi charging pads. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If you can wait...get the DT-903 when it becomes available which might be around the 24th. I plan to get one but for now I just use my JBL MD100w as my primary charger

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If you can wait...get the DT-903 when it becomes available which might be around the 24th. I plan to get one but for now I just use my JBL MD100w as my primary charger

Thanks, I didn't know, that looks awesome.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree, I still use my DT 900 I got way back with my 920 and it does the job fine. I also use the DT 910 for work and works great. The DC 50 is another option if you want complete wireless charging. I wonder if the upcoming DT 903 will have a quiet mode like Cortana and glance and maybe disable the lights?

touchpad4760

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Anybody have suggestions for "multi" chargers - i.e. that can charge more than one phone at a time? My wife and I each just got 830s, and it would be nice to have one charging station / location where we could have our phones at the same time, if needed.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Any recs for the car?

For the car if you want something with a holder go with the Nokia CR-200:
lrgscaleBox.jpg

(retail: $75+)
Cup holder type Zens Qi:
C3-Qi-Car-Charger-Cup-Holder-Wireless-Charger-for-Nokia-Samsung-Google-and-Other-Qi-Enabled.jpg

(Retail $75+)

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Nokia CR-201 in my car and it's working well with my 830. I hardmounted it to a proclip, the arm/tilt/suctioncup can be dismounted to allow for securing it with screws

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, my question wasn't specific but I was looking for a Qi car charger. The Zens Qi looks like it does the trick.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

This was announced back in September. Still shows up on the Microsoft page, but no information on when it will be released for sale.

Basiluzzo

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I decided to go the cheap route - I bought three PowerBot 1020 charges on Amazon for $14 each. They're small, about 2.75" across, so you have to balance the phone on the right spot, but they work great and for the price of one DT-903 you could buy four of these. I have one in the office, one in my kitchen and one in the bedroom. Looking for a car charger, is there anything satisfactory out there that's cheaper than the CR-201?

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Nokia CR-201 in my car and it's working well with my 830. I hardmounted it to a proclip, the arm/tilt/suctioncup can be dismounted to allow for securing it with screws

Nice, I was waiting for proclip to come out with a clip for the 830. Do you have a picture of your setup?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I just bought three of these. You need to find a power plug or plug it into your laptop etc. $4 per puck, includes a USB cable and they work fine even with a thicker Incipio case on my L830. These seem to be similar to the ones Basiluzzo mentioned above, same diameter and you have to place the L830 onto the puck with the lower 1/3rd of the phone, just so that it doesn't tip down.

These are definitely cheap enough to take apart and design a car charger from them. I will give this a try sometime soon.

Shipping to US takes some time.

Power Charger Wireless for NOTE2 Nokia Nexus Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 iPhone Qi | eBay
ED00023705.jpg

Basiluzzo

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I just bought three of these. You need to find a power plug or plug it into your laptop etc. $4 per puck, includes a USB cable and they work fine even with a thicker Incipio case on my L830. These seem to be similar to the ones Basiluzzo mentioned above, same diameter and you have to place the L830 onto the puck with the lower 1/3rd of the phone, just so that it doesn't tip down.

These are definitely cheap enough to take apart and design a car charger from them. I will give this a try sometime soon.

Shipping to US takes some time.

Power Charger Wireless for NOTE2 Nokia Nexus Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 iPhone Qi | eBay
View attachment 89618

Hey Derausgewanderte let us know when you figure out the car charger paradigm! I've been reluctant to shell out the bucks it would take for a CR-201.

For shoppers in the US here's an Amazon link: Amazon.com: PowerBot? PB1020 Qi Enabled Wireless Charger Inductive Charging Pad Station for All Qi Standard Compatible Devices Including Samsung, iPhone, Nokia, Google, Nexus, LG, HTC and Other Smartphones with Receivers (AC Adapter Excluded. 2 x Mic

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
If you want a no-nonsense wireless charger, the DT-900s are going pretty cheap off eBay - just bought one for around $18USD but I've seen them go for around $8-14

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss