Why do I get the message Your Compass Is Confused when using LiveSight?

Snapples

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Your Compass Is Confused

I have just purchased a Lumia 735 and every time I use Here Maps and then use LiveSight I get the message "Your Compass Is Confused, something is interfering with it..Try moving your phone in a figure 8 motion"

I have tried moving the phone in a figure of 8 indoors and outdoors but it doesn't work and the message remains.

Is this a software bug or could it be a faulty handset?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Your Compass Is Confused

It sounds like a handset fault. In the figure 8 motion the phone should be facing up or down for best result.
Try doing a soft reset and if that doesn't help back up data and hard reset, if it works it was a SW fault if that doesn't, it has to be a HW fault

Snapples

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Your Compass Is Confused

It sounds like a handset fault. In the figure 8 motion the phone should be facing up or down for best result.
Try doing a soft reset and if that doesn't help back up data and hard reset, if it works it was a SW fault if that doesn't, it has to be a HW fault

Thanks for your reply... I have done a soft & hard reset and went for a walk trying the phone in different locations and positions but nothing worked. I rang my network provider whom i got the phone from and they seem to think it't a HW fault as I'm not the first to report this problem.

It could be a batch of handsets that are causing the problem , however I am not getting another Lumia 735 and have opted to return to Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786