Why does the country variant DEV mean (Nokia Lumia 1520)?

ColinAlbright

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Nokia lumia 1520 - cv dev

Hi, can anyone tell me what the country variant DEV means...?

I'm in the UK and I have been offered a brand new phone with CV DEV on it, and I'm not sure where the warranty will be...

Thanks in advance

grantpwarren

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia lumia 1520 - cv dev

Country Variant is unlocked. Dev is probably a developer phone. Its different. Search for it on Windows Central, I believe I saw it on there. Chances are there wont be a warranty.

ColinAlbright

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Grant, its an odd one, I've never heard of it before, we are usually CV GB or CV EURO etc.., but never seen a brand new boxed phone with CV DEV on it before....:eek:rly:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

There is no warranty... It was a "gimme" phone handed out to someone who made a vague promise of. "Er um sure I'll develop Apps for Windows Phone... Now hand over the swag ye bloody git."

It is on the fast track for updates. Probably faster than Factory Unlocked phones. If the price is right, grab it. If you don't like it, it probably would be an easy resell.

If I could get a BNIB 1520 Dev, I'd jump on it. See if the box is marked for radio frequencies and ensure they match your carrier. That's my only caveat. Or even see if the seller will let you pop in your SIM...

ColinAlbright

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for this, the price is very good, 300GBP, but to be honest I need a phone that has proper UK warranty, I've run in to problems before with all this...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs