Why are my videos malfunctioning on my 520?

MKD_Bitola

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Major issue with my 1520

All,

I purchased the 1520 new in January. I really wanted to love this thing, but it has been nothing but trouble... Currently it is enroute to the Nokia warranty repair shop for the THIRD time for the SAME issue!

I have two videos that shows my phone malfunctioning..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsiqnG_QLkE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwV2lD8cDYo

The screen starts to jitter and then fully scrambles. At points the screen ends of looking like an old television turned to channel 3...

Up until recently I was recommending Windows Phone to all, but this issue has really soured my experience. Since the warranty repair process has been UTTERLY USELESS.... Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do here? Is there anyone at Nokia or MSFT that I c an contact? I purchased an iPhone 6+ due to being without a stable phone for so long...

Last edited:

jstylela

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Major issue with my 1520

Did you buy it from a carrier or third party?? If you got it from a carrier within 14 days especially with att they would just swap it out and you wouldn't have go send it in for warranty service. Even if you're passed the period with insurance they would just send you a replacement.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Mine did the "Fuzzy" screen thing when I first got it and then a week or two after, never done it since and I never got any kind of answer, but it has now been running fine for several months I had almost forgot about it, interested to hear what the cause is.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

Hate to hear about your problems. Hope it works out for the best for you. It's a great phone; you just got one made on Friday or Monday.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Just remembered it was searching for "1520 fuzzy screen" that brought me here as it was one of the few websites that had a mention, although no answer.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Up until recently I was recommending Windows Phone to all, but this issue has really soured my experience
None of that is Windows Phone related. Its a problem several 1520s have. I can understand telling people to stay away from 1520s although I would just tell them its a possible issue and let them decide.

This is most likely due to grounding problems that can be corrected with the rear cover removed.

Obviously this shouldn't happen and obviously you should be able to get it fixed thru normal channels for free. But if you are the "light a single candle" type, you might want to have a local repair shop fix it once and for all. Just give them the details (in another thread).

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I still love my 1520, but my original that I bought on release day worked like a champ for 6 months before it just one day decided to do exactly what is in your video. I used Nokia's recovery software three times, but after each time, within a few days, it would freak out on me again and freeze up. I finally sent it in to Nokia, and they sent me a replacement. You might call MS directly and ask for a replacement instead of a repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre