Do you use a case for your 830 or go naked?

th3rookie

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm using for the moment a flip case from Head Case. They look pretty nice but I don't recommend them. Got it for a month now and it's already all messed up, ready to be thrown to garbage.. The plastic that hold the 830 is already cracked from all side, the simili-leather is already cracked and near ripped-off. They also don't work when using a Qi charger. I have to remove the device from the case. Already ordered a Nokia flip case with Qi back cover.

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I own a Nokia flip case but I hardly ever use it because of three main reasons: One, it makes the phone even more slippery; two, it doesn't protect the metal frame; and three, it renders glance screen useless. I keep putting it on because it looks gorgeous but it is only a matter of hours since I take it off the phone again :(

Bobcat665

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hard cases drive me crazy: They add bulk (I have small hands and a 5 in display is my absolute breaking point, size wise) and, far too often, they interfere with accessories and cables. I also hate hard cases because they interfere with access to battery and cards. I've had my 830 for a few months and I use a wallet pouch (Golla Air from the MS Store) to keep it safe. So far, so good.

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had my 830 for a few months and I use a wallet pouch (Golla Air from the MS Store) to keep it safe. So far, so good.

I've been considering one of these pouches as well, I think they're a good alternative because they keep your phone protected while not in use but as soon take it out of the pouch, it's naked again!

WPhone

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I use a pouch for my 830 for the exact same reason (the ability to use it without cover). One major drawback: pretty much all pouches have a pulling cord/elastic to pull out the phone. That 'cord', and especially the place where it is sown to the pouch (inside the pouch) wears the screen. The anti-fingerprint layer is wearing off at those places. So you might consider to additionally use a screen protector.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I used the Incipio Octane case with mine. It was less for the edges, and more for rigidity. I felt like the 830 get bent in a pocket.

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a slim amzer case on mine. I usually don't do cases but I really wasn't happy with the fingerprints I was getting on the original back cover. The amzer uses some kind of matte material that prevents any fingerprints.

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I always use a case. I find the 830 too slippery to go naked. I've purchased half a dozen cheap Chinese soft cases and change them according to my mood. Dropped the phone once already on a wooden floor and thanks to the cover no damage... I buy a phone for its usefulness and not really for its looks....

lacsters85

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi, what is your screen protector? Looks like it's covering the entire glass even though it's curved.

IQ Shield LiQuidSkin - Nokia Lumia 830 Screen Protector

I knew it would cause some issue with the search button on the L830, so I chopped the bottom end of the screen protector (up to where it would sit above the capacitive buttons with a paper/photo cutter) prior to peeling.

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I've been using my 830 without a case or screen protector for the 6-7 months I've had it. My screen is super clean. Very few even micro scratches, and the screen edges are fine. I'm SUPER careful with my phones. I probably drop my phones once every year or two (jinx). Mine has the darker "metal" and there are a couple of small spots on the corners where it was dropped before I owned it, and you can see the lighter "metal" underneath.

It is an incredibly slippery phone. I bought a fake carbon fiber skin for the back, which gives it a little more texture and grip. I'm not sure if a newer back would be grippier, but the one I got was slick.

My previous phone was a 2013 Moto X, which was MUCH easier to hold on to. Got rid of it due to terrible battery life, and ironically, my Lumia 830 is no better with Windows 10 Mobile. (It was significantly better under WP8.1).

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Nillkin Frosted Hard Case
I don't like the cases that cover the buttons, I need a positive touch
No screen protector, no scratches

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member