My M8 constantly reboots itself. Anyone else have this issue?

Joseph Lewkovich

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The battery seems fine, no error messages displayed, no apps crashing...I'll just be using my phone for a bit, set it down on the table, then 30 seconds later hear a vibration, and see that it's rebooting. This happens several times a day, completely randomly.

I can live with this problem, but it worries me.

cure92

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue with my old HTC radar. There was no reason for it even back with WP7. This is the one fear that has kept me from ditching my 925 to the M8, the auto reboot. Not sure if it's something with the HTC hardware or what.

ritojr

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Ive had mine for just over a week now and I have caught mine doing this but only 2 or 3 times overall, not as often as yours. Had me a little worried but its nothing major yet

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
There is a large thread on this same page regarding the reboots. Lots of good info there OP, check it out. I have never had a random reboot on my M8 yet a lot of people have. Guess I'm lucky. In the other thread about this some have said that having to many live tiles on screen seemed to cause reboots. After cutting that number down the reboots stopped. I have between 8 or 10. I also reboot purposely each morning after my M8 has been on all night running my night clock. Since I've never had a random reboot I shall continue doing it this way. Again, OP, check the other thread and find more info.

Joseph Lewkovich

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
There is a large thread on this same page regarding the reboots. Lots of good info there OP, check it out. I have never had a random reboot on my M8 yet a lot of people have. Guess I'm lucky. In the other thread about this some have said that having to many live tiles on screen seemed to cause reboots. After cutting that number down the reboots stopped. I have between 8 or 10. I also reboot purposely each morning after my M8 has been on all night running my night clock. Since I've never had a random reboot I shall continue doing it this way. Again, OP, check the other thread and find more info.

Thanks, I didn't see that other thread. A moderator can lock this one if they want to remove duplicates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb