Strange streaming Tunein and Iheart radios issues

xtrip

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

Im from Canada, Montreal and I just got an international, unlocked Lumia 930. To my surprise, LTE in band 2600 actually works. It never shows LTE symbol, but 4G or H+, however with speedtest.net i get speeds from 20Mbs to 50 or even 60Mbs..

Thats all nice and dandy...but I have a major issue where any radio station on Tunein stops after exactly 45s of playing. It shows its playing but there no sound , and in order to resume i have to stop and restart it again. I tried limiting the connection to 3G only but no luck..Also tried, uninstalling reinstalling the app, same behavior. Iheart radio shows the same behavior. I think it only plays whatever buffers in the beginning and then it cant connect anymore.

I will update to dev Preview see if it changes anything. Also, the stations work just fine with Wifi connected, so it must be network related. Audiocloud works fine via the cellular so its seems its just radio related.

Has anyone had similar issues? Any suggestions for fixing it?

ngoclien0811

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
You had fixed it yet, if you have not been able to upgrade the operating system of your last try. Because I was having a similar phone but I have solved the problem by upgrading the operating system

xtrip

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
HI ngoclien0811

I subscribed to the Dev Preview but the problem still persists...

I found another way to fix it...i modified the apn that FIDO provides for non LTE devices, so it basically forces the connection to be 3G only..from the apn it connects to. However, with this..im only getting speeds of 3-4Mbs, compared to 40-50Mbs when using the LTE apn.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion