Battery Life Since Last "Critical" Update

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone experienced worse battery life since the last update for the Developer Preview? Seems like it is much worse...I've tried checking for usage and nothing abnormal is there...uninstalled a few apps and no changes...seems to drain faster, especially when using the phone.

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. A bit worse on my 1520, it even died while on the charger. Fine now, though...Besides slightly worse battery life.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
My wife's Lumia 521 struggles to make it through the day since this last critical update. I refuse to enroll my 925 in the developers preview just because of the abysmal battery life she has and a few of my friends have.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I did a full reset of the phone, loaded my favorite apps (but not everything I had before) and battery life has been so much better. It was taking since the last critical update...

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I came here to see if anyone else was having battery problems. 1520 user, and the battery life is worse for me.

As mentioned above, a reset of the phone has helped me...so it was either a gummed up install or an app that wasn't playing nice with the update that I've yet to reinstall...it was going from 100% to 38% in two hours of light to moderate use since the update...same moderate use after the reset was 100% to 80% in 2 hours...:)

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I charged 15 hours ago and I am at 58%, with 14 hours to go. Mine has improved. One thing I've noticed, though, is the battery always seems better a few days after the update and then goes back to average. May just all be in my head, though.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Icon last... Wed or Thurs and, installed DP with all the updates and my battery life is fine. So far I can make it all day.

elyod

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
As mentioned above, a reset of the phone has helped me...so it was either a gummed up install or an app that wasn't playing nice with the update that I've yet to reinstall...it was going from 100% to 38% in two hours of light to moderate use since the update...same moderate use after the reset was 100% to 80% in 2 hours...:)

I performed the hard reset yesterday, it seems better today. After a couple days of use I'll know for sure. Thanks.

mcherrick68

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Icon as well and have the most recent DP installed. battery life seems pretty terrible. I unplugged at 8, and its 12 now and im at 39% with moderate use, seems pretty abysmal to me. Maybe I will try a hard reset, but that sounds like a pain

elyod

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
How has the battery been for you?
After a couple days of use it is definitely worse than before the last update. Same usage patterns but worse longevity. I previously would make it through a day with fifty to sixty percent left in the battery. I now make it through with thirty to forty percent. The hard reset seemed to help the heating issues I was having and improved the battery life a bit but not to where it should be with this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros