Nokia 1020 v Note 4 Camera

Karl P

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
How much better do you think the 1020 camera is than the Note 4? Camera is important to me, I am a big android fan but considering the 1020.

Thanks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The 1020 has pretty much the best camera bolted onto a phone. (although the 808 PureView and maybe the Galaxy Zoom could beg to differ)

Now its not perfect, its the best for stills. The Note 4 can handle 4K video capture, something that the 1020 certainly isn't going to see. But in low-light and many photo situations, the 1020 destroys.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note 4 and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt - the 1020 is light years a better camera. I can only assume that the reviews that show the Note 4's camera as being "good" are all paid for. It's one of the worst camera's I've had on a phone in years. Also the lag on the phone is annoying as hell. Don't get the note 4! If mine wasn't free I'd be sending it back ASAP. My only hope is that when Android 5 comes out they clean up lots of the issues I'm having with my phone.

My phone is on Verizon and all the ones I've seen are laggy and the camera is bad. We also have some TMO ones and they are a bit better. So I'm assuming there is a firmware issue with the Verizon ones.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I've got a network unlocked note 4 for testing, with a beta lollipop build. As it is carrier free there's no junk. And it does NOT lag. 3gb ram. No lag. At all. The camera, coupled with ois and the new camera algorithms is great! And raw shooting is an excellent addition.

Our sony z3 beats it in low light, but the overall compression renders the sony pics of a lower quality (fixed with hyperx mod and raw shooting).

The 1020 has the best camera. Bottom line. No ifs ands or buts. It is simply the best. However it is slower than the android flagships, and lack of sd might be a pain. The phone itself is not as good as it was, though wp works well. If you're coming from android you've probably done your homework so you probably know what you're getting and also how much you're losing. Android has some excellent camera phones and excellent all rounders.

But bottom line, the 1020 has the best camera, but the speed is the only thing that lets it down. If you have kids and want to take action shots, it can be a pain. But, my word, when you get it right the pics are remarkable. It is an astonishingly good camera setup and deserves the kudos it gets. It trounces everything. If you're ok with its foibles.

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I guess I solved the problem of speed selecting the sports mode whenever I want to take a pic of my 1 yr old.
Enviado via Lumia 1020

Alan Campot

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia 1020 is, so far, the best camera phone ever.
I could compare it with a Note 3, Note 4, S5, Iphone 6, even my previous N8, and they have nothing to do.

In two seconds you may capture 20 pictures with and Iphone and only one with the 1020, but put those 20 pictures together and mine is still better.

Hope this help you to decide.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
1020 is pretty damn solid. It's not as quick a photo getter as the iPhone. But that's supposed to be fixed with updates in Denim.

Jason Morris Baby

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I've got a network unlocked note 4 for testing, with a beta lollipop build. As it is carrier free there's no junk. And it does NOT lag. 3gb ram. No lag. At all. The camera, coupled with ois and the new camera algorithms is great! And raw shooting is an excellent addition.

That doesn't matter though. Anyone who goes to the store and buys one will get a laggy phone with a terrible camera. At least on Verizon.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
That doesn't matter though. Anyone who goes to the store and buys one will get a laggy phone with a terrible camera. At least on Verizon.

Sorry, I don't understand what you're getting at. What doesn't matter?

I'm British so Verizon doesn't matter to me and I'm relating my experience, as you are yours.

I'm sorry for American buyers that their carriers dump junk on fantastic devices.

And that camera is not terrible. It just isn't as good as the 1020 (again British unlocked and sim free, won't go into carrier specific stuff). It is a darn sight faster and, in its own right, is superb.

Hence the advice.

The OP asked for advice, and I obliged. The OP also never mentioned Verizon.

detsaoT

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia 1020 is by far the best camera you will *ever* find on a phone ------ AS LONG AS you are taking pictures of stationary things. If you need fast reaction time to capture something quickly, you will not be happy with this phone. But for things that stay still, it absolutely cannot be beat.

Cameron Todd

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia 1020 is by far the best camera you will *ever* find on a phone ------ AS LONG AS you are taking pictures of stationary things. If you need fast reaction time to capture something quickly, you will not be happy with this phone. But for things that stay still, it absolutely cannot be beat.
That's not accurate at all. Myself and many others have taken moving object pics very well. You just have to know how to use the settings

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I own both the phones and can easily say lumia 1020 rocks and how...though note 4 camera is not bad....it's low light is way better than s5 I owned.....I have z3 lying around will test tat for low light pics...my main phone is always lumia 1020....my 2nd phone keeps changing from note series to s5 to HTC m8 and now note 4...waiting for lumia 1030

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa