Cyan Back Plate for Lumia 830?

Ticomfreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

My sister is due for an upgrade soon and she really does not want to upgrade from her Cyan (color) AT&T Lumia 920. She's extremely happy with the phone but unfortunately she cracked the screen and so that's why I suggested a Lumia 830 as an upgrade. However, she really likes the color of her current phone and wants her new phone in the same color. Is there an OEM or third party back plate for the Lumia 830 in the cyan color? Thank you.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is no OEM cyan backplate for the 830 :(

Third party? I suppose its possible, heck, painting/staining is something that has been done before. (ex. the white Lumia 521's cover has been stained yellow before IIRC)

Something worth noting is that the Lumia 735 is available in Cyan as an exclusive to Carphone Warehouse. If or when those covers will appear more widespread, I don't know.

Jesse Venables

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
After this never coming out, I took it upon myself to make my own. I took an old White back cover, picked off the Wireless charging part and used Sand Paper to scratch up the Surface of the cover. Added some plastic primer, then used a blue spray paint. Not quite Cyan but close enough for me.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
After this never coming out, I took it upon myself to make my own. I took an old White back cover, picked off the Wireless charging part and used Sand Paper to scratch up the Surface of the cover. Added some plastic primer, then used a blue spray paint. Not quite Cyan but close enough for me.

that's AWSOME !!

Jesse Venables

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
seriously not hard to make and 1.5 months on, still no drama.

Just from experience, make sure you paint the White one and not a Black case. I couldn't be happier

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6