07-11-2015 02:55 PM
169 1234 ...
tools
    I spoke too soon. Now I'm having the random reboots again. All my other problems are gone though. I had to stop using my Band though :-(
    12-02-2014 09:45 PM
    I think it's a software glitch, I've had the same problem with mine, and since I deleted the duolingo app, it never happend anymore, and it's running very smooth. I don'k know if it is a coincedence?
    I'm very satisfied with mine (upgraded from an Lumia 925) and the battery is a beast!
    12-03-2014 05:16 AM
    Perhaps a coincidence! I use only factory applications !! I'm not downloading apps !! For 24 hours is restarted (4 times), for the next 3 days (0 times) !!!! I don`t know !! No logic !!
    12-03-2014 11:56 AM
    Mine reboots too, maybe once every two or three days. It could be sitting on a table and suddenly I see the nokia word. Interestingly it never says goodbye, its a quick off and on again. Other than that it works great.
    12-03-2014 05:09 PM
    Mine reboots too, maybe once every two or three days. It could be sitting on a table and suddenly I see the nokia word. Interestingly it never says goodbye, its a quick off and on again. Other than that it works great.
    Which variant do you have, RM-984 or RM-985?
    12-03-2014 11:07 PM
    Okay I flashed to the Rogers rom yesterday from the Latin America rom on my rm-985. I've installed all my applications on the phone, media and maps on the microSD card. The phone hasn't rebooted for an entire day today, earlier it used to reboot atleast twice daily
    12-03-2014 11:55 PM
    Okay I flashed to the Rogers rom yesterday from the Latin America rom on my rm-985. I've installed all my applications on the phone, media and maps on the microSD card. The phone hasn't rebooted for an entire day today, earlier it used to reboot atleast twice daily
    That is my current setup. After a few days the restarts started again...
    12-04-2014 12:05 AM
    Which variant do you have, RM-984 or RM-985?

I am in the UK and have the 984.
    12-04-2014 03:59 AM
    So does mine. Happens every 1-2 days. Can't figure out what's behind it, must be some software glitch.
    12-04-2014 04:21 AM
    For me is also a software problem !! I hope that the next update will fix the problem! If not corrected, I will take away the Lumia and will buy iPhone. No sense to get angry,when there are so many brands of phones!!!
    12-04-2014 05:26 AM
    I've started to notice this happening on my RM-984 as well now. Previously it seemed to only happen on the RM-985 that I sent back to B&H. It's less frequent, but has happened twice now in the last six days or so.

​Really hope this is only a firmware issue and that Microsoft is working on a fix.
    12-04-2014 03:32 PM
    That is my current setup. After a few days the restarts started again...
    Yep it did restart once yesterday when using the Tapatalk app.
    12-04-2014 03:40 PM
    ​Really hope this is only a firmware issue and that Microsoft is working on a fix.
    Be nice to know one way or the other, wouldn't it.
    hasasimo and freedomEd like this.
    12-04-2014 05:33 PM
    Was hoping to be able to report good news today, but B&H Photo Video decided to send me back my exact same device after marking it as swapped/exchanged. That's right, the device I sent back for an exchange due to the random reboots every day... B&H tried to pass it off as exchanged/swapped but simply sent it right back to me thinking I wouldn't notice. They both have the exact same IMEI number.
    If this is true perhaps they couldn't duplicate it. I sent back my Lumia 810 to T Mobile when I had it because it had the same rebooting issue which has been seen in several Lumia's. They sent the same phone back, it was like wtf ! I did a master reset and it cured it. I sent my Olympus E-PL3 in for an viewfinder glitch. Olympus sent it back saying they couldn't duplicate it. They can't fix or warrant what they can't duplicate. Between the receiver of your 'defective' phone and the tech trying to duplicate it ( they have to duplicate it don't they?) and the return department - notes can go missing or the tech forgot to tell shipping that he couldn't duplicate it so it was sent back by mistake or intent, because just possibly they found no issue but it wasn't written on the notes and you got the same phone back. One person doesn't receive, check for issues and return it. There can be miscommunication between departments and even if they know of the possible mistake it takes time to link all the threads to together to get to the bottom of the issue. The RA department, the tech checking the phone, the authorization department authorizing a return to you and finally the shipping department who send back the same phone ALL have to be investigated and present to figure out what went wrong. That's not the same as "thinking I wouldn't notice".
    Last edited by Mr Lebowski; 12-05-2014 at 09:10 PM.
    12-04-2014 06:19 PM
    Random reboots have been a feature of Windows Phones for years now and Microsoft seem to have had little success fixing the problem. I have come to a Lumia 830 (RM-984 in the UK on EE) via a (much loved) Samsung Ativ S which would reboot every 2 - 3 days. When I first got that I was on the O2 network and found the phone rebooted several times a day ... the switch to EE improved things (initially I thought it solved the problem but the phone started rebooting after a few days).

Not a solution ... but an app by the name of LastBootUpTime is a useful way to record objectively all the times one's phone reboots.

I'm looking into a tip for solving the random reboot problem but will only declare EUREKA! and post it here if I can go a min of a full 7 days without a reboot.

Regards
    Mr Lebowski likes this.
    12-05-2014 07:39 PM
    Mine reboots also almost every day. I installed the last preview for dev. update and there was no reboot for a week, but now it's back. I hope it's a software glitch.
    12-13-2014 01:03 PM
    I can confirm that it happens on both my RM-984 and RM-985, but considerably less often with the former. Perhaps because the max connection is set to 3G. Would suck if this is a general hardware problem. If so, I wouldn't expect Microsoft to acknowledge it, just as they ignored the 1520's widespread swipe/tap/scroll bug.
    12-13-2014 01:56 PM
    I'm sending my RM-985 to Microsoft repair tomorrow, I can't live with this random reboots anymore especially since none of my previously owned devices rebooted. I guess I'll back to my solid 925 again for a few weeks or months depending on when Microsoft sends the device back. Also the RM-985 version is the prototype version running Rogers firmware
    12-15-2014 08:59 AM
    My Lumia 735 also random reboots.. Also did my Ativ S.. Just like every WP.. Not every day but very often
    12-15-2014 09:03 AM
    I tweeted Microsoft a few days ago asking if they were aware of the problem and linked them to this thread. They didn't answer. I still hope it's a software issue, as I've now had one RM-984 and two RM-985s and all of them reboot randomly.

Previous Lumias I've owned include the 800, 900, 920, and 1520 and none of them had random reboot issues.
    12-15-2014 09:46 AM
    I've never had a reboot with my 830 (touch wood) - and I've owned the HTC 8X and Lumia 1020 which would both reboot quite often.

Seems to be the least buggy Windows Phone 8 device I've used so far!
    12-15-2014 11:20 AM
    Do we have any updates to this issue of rebooting? I have noticed on my rm-984 that, when it reboots, I have to reset the time because it goes back to a different time and date as if I took the battery out.
    12-15-2014 04:51 PM
    I had the same problem on Lumia 830. I resolved when I removed the microSD and stooped to use it. Reboots became less frequent and finally ended after some soft reset.
    12-22-2014 04:32 PM
    But there are some who have a problem with restart without SD card! I don`t know whether the new update will change the problem or to model Lumia 830 will only update the camera ??
    12-22-2014 05:20 PM
    I'm running into the same issue: I'm hoping it might just be a bad Micro SD card (I'm using a SanDisk 64 GB Class 1 taken from my Surface Pro), and that the phone is overly sensitive to that.

I thought leaving an app running in the background would fix the issue (it seemed to work for 2 days), then it started up again--this time just a few hours apart. If it auto-restarts once a week, that's probably fine, but once every few hours is clearly a glitch. So I've taken my SD card out and will see if that helps at all (I also want to try with a different SD card, maybe a SanDisk Class 3 or something like that).
    12-23-2014 12:33 PM
169 1234 ...