[L830] Auto restart?

SidhuSir

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I managed to do a Hard Reset yesterday evening! After trying to get into my settings at least 30-40 times! But it seems like once the Reset started (Gears Showed up on screen) the process ran uninturupted. I was not able to do a back up but wasnt concerned about that. This time around, I did not allow FB to intigrate with my device and really tried to limit what apps get access to my Location Services and anything else (wish the Windows Store didnt have so many garbage apps that have copied reputable company names). I have Re-installed all the Apps I previously had & plus some, minus the two Angry Bird games (which should not have been an issue). Anyways the good news so far is that the phone is working very well (knock on wood) but it has not even been 24 hours yet so I will report back in 3 days time (which is how long it took this problem to initially appear from when i purchased the phone).
This leads me to think that this could possibly have been a Virus that has been wiped out or it is possible that it is Firmware related when a particular App perhaps interacts with it? But it does not seem to be Hardware related to me because this problem should still have been present (not to say it will not appear again, just hoping as I really like the Windows Phone, so much slicker than iphone or android!). Either way if it is going to come again, I just hope it occurs in next few days as I have 7 days left while I can still get it exchanged without having to send out to be fixed.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone sent their 830 for warranty repair yet due to the random restarts? I'm in the process of sending mine today or tomorrow, just wanted to get an idea about the turnaround times. Till then I'm stuck with an iPhone :(

kevin_1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone sent their 830 for warranty repair yet due to the random restarts? I'm in the process of sending mine today or tomorrow, just wanted to get an idea about the turnaround times. Till then I'm stuck with an iPhone :(

I have sent my lumia 735 to Nokia Repair with the same random reboot issue, but they only did a hard reset. They take my complaint not seriously, because I already told them I did a hard reset.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have sent my lumia 735 to Nokia Repair with the same random reboot issue, but they only did a hard reset. They take my complaint not seriously, because I already told them I did a hard reset.

So you're having the same issue again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevin_1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
So you're having the same issue again?

Yes, they haven't repaired it, because the phone had no random reboot during their test. I have send a complaint to microsoft and they said I must send my phone for the second time to Nokia repair, but they can't promise it would be repaired successfully. They can only give a new phone if you send your phone 3 times to Nokia repair.

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I am using Tapatalk app many times a day and the phone never rebootedwhen using it In my case, it reboots only when using IE. Maybe it has to do with the version of the OS. I am on the latest version of Preview for developers.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I am using Tapatalk app many times a day and the phone never rebootedwhen using it In my case, it reboots only when using IE. Maybe it has to do with the version of the OS. I am on the latest version of Preview for developers.

Okay so you are using Tapatalk on a Lumia 830 with the latest OS version via PfD and no reboot?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thats good, either way I am sending my phone today. Hopefully they don't send it back just by performing a hard reset

SidhuSir

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Its been a few days now since I did my hard reset & still not Crashes / Random Reboots! I have been using various features but not as heavy yet on Cortana. I am wondering if that could be part of the issue as in Canada i believe it is still in some test phase (alhpa or beta)?

Who ever else is having problems can you please indicate whether you opted to Integrate FaceBook with your phone? The only things I can think of that I have done differently are not using Cortana as much & not integrating FB with my phone & limiting apps from using my location services or accessing other things on my phone & if the app wants access to too much, i simply do not install it.

I just checked out what Tapatalk is & not something i would use. I will test more with IE. I am on the latest OS running standard (non-developer). The one thing I have made sure however is to have all my photos & videos (at best qualit) saving to my OneNote, contacts with Outlook & perform at least 1 backup everyday! Just in case i have to do another Hard Reset I do not want to lose everything again.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It's weird that some phones reboot only when you use them and the others whenever.

Yeah mine does a random reboot. Its on its way to MS repair. Hopefully they fix it somehow. The concerning part is, mine a RM-985 prototype device, hopefully they don't end up replacing it with an AT&T version

SidhuSir

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
When I had the crashing / restart issue it was happening randomly every minute even while just sitting there on my desk and it definitely happened very quickly if i would go into the Settings. The thing i noticed just prior to it crashing is that the Airplane mode would come one & the phone would lock up & crash. When i initially got the phone, I had the store transfer my contacts from my iPhone over for me so they did the initial set up on the phone; I would not recommend this! Do the initial set up yourself so you know what you are allowing. After doing the Hard Reset, I did the set up. Again not sure if any of this had anything to do with this issue as it seems very random for everyone. And my phone is a RM-985.

Also if you are sending your phone in just make sure to record your phone info (IMEI & MAC) as those are unique for each device so you can check to see if they send you the same phone back or not.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Let's ask Joe Belfiore on twitter all of us at the same time.
I don't have 830, it was the phone I want, but know I'll stick with my 720...

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
If you like your 720... The 735 is such a brilliant upgrade for it. It's all that the 720 was and improves on all the things you want it to be improved upon.

But I still think the Lumia 830 restart issue has something to do with specific networks in specific regions of the world.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett