[L830] Auto restart?

KMN13

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi ! I have Nokia Lumia 830 from two weeks ago.The phone is restarted without reason in 3-5 days.I took it hard reset,but after 5 days is restarted again.What do I do?I have read much of this problem and there are many such.This problem of OS/Microsoft/hardware is?can I fix these problems, or simply to be sorry that I chose Nokia!

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced that problem and I have a RM-893 and RM-895. I had a similar problem back in the day with my 920. What version do you have and where did you get your 830? Might want to exchange it for another one, that's what I ended up doing with my 920.

KMN13

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
The phone is the RM-984 and was purchased from Bulgaria.But I think if the problem is hardware,the phone will not be included.It is restarted!? I don't know!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be a pretty common problem... it's been talked about in at least 3 different threads now. My RM-984 never randomly rebooted, but my RM-985 does regularly (around once every day or 2).

KMN13

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I do not know whether Microsoft will fix the problem or is it a manufacturing defect. I begin to regret that I purchased Nokia !!! I read quite a few problems with the restart, but Microsoft is not doing anything about the problem !!!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Considering that not everyone has it, I'm guessing it's a manufacturing defect. A return or exchange, though a hassle, is probably the best course of action.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Check if the battery sits properly and doesn't wobble. It may be loosing contact.

Thanks, battery seems secure. I doubt that's the issue anyway, just because the phone sometimes restarts while it's just sitting on the table and hasn't moved at all in 30 minutes or so.

h3rman

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I have seen this a couple of times when using Viber.
After uninstalling Viber it did not occur again.
So perhaps it is one of the apps?

KMN13

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I have just installed whatsapp, but the phone is restarted before this application. From 1-2 years ago has problems with restarts of many models, but Microsoft did not do anything about the problem. I hope that the next update will fix the problem, but not 100% sure!

Dean Maricic

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I've bought Nokia Lumia 830 by mobileshop.eu month ago. After only one week my mobile phone starts to restart when I'm surfing on the internet or using whatsapp aplication. And after restarting, my battery fall down about 20%. I've tried soft reset and hard reset but the problem is still here. It happens about 3 times a day. I have warranty from mobileshop.eu and they directed me into unknown servis, but I dont trust them. I'm from Croatia and this is a bit strange to me. Does anyone had the problem like this and how to solve it? Please help!
I posted this earlier!!! Yesterday...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Turns out it wasn't Viber. After not restarting yesterday, the phone just did a random reboot on its own.

I've decided to return the phone to B&H Photo Video and ask for an exchange.

KMN13

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyone with the last update Preview for developers, which corrected the problem with random reboots???

Arman Qureshi

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi ! I have Nokia Lumia 830 from two weeks ago.The phone is restarted without reason in 3-5 days.I took it hard reset,but after 5 days is restarted again.What do I do?I have read much of this problem and there are many such.This problem of OS/Microsoft/hardware is?can I fix these problems, or simply to be sorry that I chose Nokia!
Mine L830 working perfectly fine not a single error or bug at all😊

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyone with the last update Preview for developers, which corrected the problem with random reboots???

I don't know if this will work for you but it did for me. Before I was using a microsim that was cut down to the nanosim size. I replaced it with an originally sized nanosim, and that solved my reboot issue.

conorn

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Have latest DP running and if anything the restarting is worse :(

I've removed SD card, running on 3G instead of 4G and wifi off and I still get the occasional restart. Going to 3G seemed to help the most, which indicates it may be a firmware comms stack bug. Also means it would not effect everyone the same.

My first GSM handset (looong time ago) had a bug which only happened with Ericsson exchange gear - so could be something similar, hard to trace.

Hopefully MS are aware and working on it ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky