Glad to report Nokia 735 model works well. RM-1039 version

Andrew_404

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've just received my Nokia 735 from B&H version RM-1039. Works beautifully on the Family mobile (T-Mobile network) I live outside Atlanta and have set my network to automatic. I'm picking up 3G and some 4G too. LTE not yet but as I get closer to the city I might get lucky with LTE.

Using the same SIM card with no APN settings configured.

Just FYI: About three weeks ago, I'd purchased the 735 through Expansys-USA unknowing this was the RM 1038 version. Well, after some assistance from Fred and others, I realized I had the international version that could only pick up E / 2G even in the city. Very painful using the web or, sending MMS. Make sure if you order from Expansys-USA that you confirm this is the RM 1039 version.

PanWorks

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I would just like to add that I'm using the Lumia 735 RM-1039 on AT&T with LTE speeds. This looks like the model to buy if you're in the United States.

Andrew_404

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Good to know that you have success with your 735 on AT&T. Isn't it a great phone and, are you enjoying its features etc?

I have an I Phone for work which I'm not a fan of. My management has taken a look at the 735 with keen interest. Who knows, maybe we can get the 830 as a replacement for the I phone. Only one can wish.

PanWorks

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Good to know that you have success with your 735 on AT&T. Isn't it a great phone and, are you enjoying its features etc?

I have an I Phone for work which I'm not a fan of. My management has taken a look at the 735 with keen interest. Who knows, maybe we can get the 830 as a replacement for the I phone. Only one can wish.
Yes, I really like it. The size, weight, and in-hand feel are perfect for me. Good luck with your quest to get a WP work phone.

Steven Penner

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Many of the dozens of IT people in my organization have Windows Phones. Sadly, only a few managers and execs have followed their example. No new flagships have hurt the cause, though, as we can't recommend a 635 as an alternative to an iPhone 6 and the 1520 is just too darn big for most people.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got one of these for my wife on T-Mobile. She loves it. She hasn't noticed but I'll see the phone restart out of nowhere once in a while. I'm thinking it's one of two things. The sim card was a Microsim cut down to the nanosim size, or the sd card I put in there is an older slower card. I've ordered a new sim and sd card. We'll see how that ends up working out.

jonny_utah

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for posting! I came here to find out if 735 would work with LTE on T-Mobile, and you answered my question. Off to B&H to purchase the RM-1039 in green! It looks like it comes with a free 8GB microSD and free shipping for me too!

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
What all is included with the phone if I order it from B&H? Cables, charger etc?... and does it still have the full warranty if I purchase it this way? I just want to make sure in case there's a problem with the phone...I haven't gotten a phone that's not sold in the USA before.

mandong

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I won't recommend this phone for people coming from iPhone 5s and later or perhaps even iPhone 5.

It'll be good for teens or people who are upgrading from low-end phones but not for people who use iPhone 5s/6.

Steven Penner

May 29, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia 735 is $300 while the iPhone 6 is $850. Which do you think is going to be a nicer, more highly spec'ed phone? I like WP and for $300, I think the L735 is a pretty good value. YMMV, of course.

mandong

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia 735 is $300 while the iPhone 6 is $850. Which do you think is going to be a nicer, more highly spec'ed phone? I like WP and for $300, I think the L735 is a pretty good value. YMMV, of course.

That's why I said I won't recommend it for people coming from iPhone 5s or later. Lots of people say iPhones are overpriced but there are reasons for example why the iPhone 6 is $850 and the L735, $300.

I guess a person coming from an iPhone 5/5s should at least get the L930.

Last edited:

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
That's why I said I won't recommend it for people coming from iPhone 5s or later. Lots of people say iPhones are overpriced but there are reasons for example why the iPhone 6 is $850 and the L735, $300.

I guess a person coming from an iPhone 5/5s should at least get the L930.

I can see your point, but it makes no sense to generalize saying that iPhone users will not like the 735 - they might appreciate it for a much lower off contract price and compact and sleek dimensions similar to that of the iPhone.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The sim card was replaced and it still restarts. I got the sd card in but haven't replaced it on the phone. I'll post after I do.

mandong

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I can see your point, but it makes no sense to generalize saying that iPhone users will not like the 735 - they might appreciate it for a much lower off contract price and compact and sleek dimensions similar to that of the iPhone.

Well, I for one, like the price and the gorgeous screen compared to the 5s. However, if smartphone users are like me who want good camera and good sound quality, the L735 is not the WP to choose. The camera struggles at high contrast situations and the sound quality when listening to music is so-so.

Steven Penner

May 29, 2014
Visit site
The sim card was replaced and it still restarts. I got the sd card in but haven't replaced it on the phone. I'll post after I do.

I have to wonder if there is some app or combination of apps (or non-updated apps) that causes this restarting issue. There have been quite a few reports, and several of those have continued to have the problem even after exchanging the 'defective' devices for new ones.

Maybe see if it happens after hard-resetting the phone and not associating it with a MS account for a test period?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos