Lumia 1520 is taking worst possible photos in sunlight. Any fix?

shinchan900

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
The camera is beast when I click in shadows, night or other places. But when it comes to sunlight, it fails badly. I've tried multiple settings but it just don't work. Thanks to photo editing apps in Lumia. They are best editing apps & I'm able to correct them though it.

When I click a photo of someone in sunlight, it puts yellow tint all over him and everywhere else. Skin colour also changes to full yellowish.

Last edited:

shinchan900

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Pics or it didn't happen. I've been using the 1520 for a year and never faced any issues you've mentioned. http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/250141-26.htm#post2842469 This thread is ample proof that no one else is facing the problem either. So you either have a hardware fault or you're doing something wrong. We can't tell until we see some photos.

Ya, that's why I've created this thread. I will get back with photos in 2-3 days. I compared daylight pics with other smartphones. Micromax, Gionee, Samsung gave better results than Lumia. Actual colours + correct skin tone

shinchan900

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Pics or it didn't happen. I've been using the 1520 for a year and never faced any issues you've mentioned. http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/250141-26.htm#post2842469 This thread is ample proof that no one else is facing the problem either. So you either have a hardware fault or you're doing something wrong. We can't tell until we see some photos.

02evYgO.jpg

Taken from front cam & cropped. But it's same with rear camera also. You can see yellow tint all over face due to sunlight. It's even worse in full sunlight!

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Upload an example with the rear camera as well. Also upload the full size originals with the EXIF data intact. This most definitely seems like a hardware defect but I can't see how both the front and rear cameras have the same defect. Also, try hard resetting and see if it helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6