Why is my Lumia 920 turning off suddenly?

nokia_fans

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
lumia 920 turns off suddenly.

hi guys,
i was playing a game on my L920 running wp8.1 and all of a sudden it turned off and not starting up. I tried soft reset (pressing volume down +power) and hard reset also (volume up+camera+power) nothing worked. I charged with wall charge for 1hr , no use. Tried connecting to system, no use.. It is a 2013 model. removed battery and connected again, still no use.
Please help to solve this issue..

anon8957882

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Was it very hot when it suddenly switched off?

Its display may have died (along with the capacitive touch buttons) which is a very stupid assumption but are you sure it is not switching on?

nokia_fans

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 turns off suddenly.

it was little hot when got offed. i am trying to turn it on from past one week.:crying::crying::cry::cry:

anon8957882

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

One week!! Okay here are several things I would recommend BEFORE going to Nokia Care.

It may have been that your phone's battery got empty while playing game so it switched itself off. And since you are charging from one week, it may be possible that you are charging it with a faulty charger. So you know what to do. Make sure the charger is okay.

Now, if your charger is fine, plug your phone to it and put in the SIM and call on that number from another phone of yours. It is possible that your phone is ringing - just not showing signs of it - silent w/ vibrator off.

Try to hard reset your phone once more and also try connecting it with the PC via usb and see if Nokia Recovery recognises it.

If you have opened the mobile before, and are ok with it (and you have no problem voiding your warranty), try to release and reinsert the display plug on the board. There are tutorials available on YouTube how to open the Lumia 920 and replace the screen.

If you are not sure about opening the phone, you should take it to Nokia Care.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

"removed battery and connected again"

Wait... You opened up the device? This may void the warranty I think...

nokia_fans

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

i know.. but any way my phone is out of warrenty.. tried even that.. i think i have to contact CARE

anon8957882

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

"removed battery and connected again"

Wait... You opened up the device? This may void the warranty I think...

I opened my 920 too as dust settled or something like that happened (I do not remember) when it was still under warranty.

Once I had to take my Nokia 5800 to the Nokia Care and those idiots completely ruined it beyond repair. From then on I believe it is better to check my device by myself before handing it over to those thick headed fools at Nokia Care who will most probably put scratches and grease all over your device before returning.

I fortunately "repaired" the 920 and my device worked fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss