1520 questions

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My 920 contract is up in December, so its new phone time. Initially, I was going to get an 830, but its not really an upgrade over the 920 other than it being a nicer looking phone. I do like the removable battery and SD card expansion, but its just not enough. The 1520 has a nice big screen, more RAM and a better CPU/GPU + SD expansion. Non removable battery and no wireless charging sucks, but I can deal.

Has the swype/touch screen issue been fixed? Does the 1520 suffer from random heatups/battery drain like the 920? Since Microsoft bought Nokia's mobile device division, are they honoring the warranty or Nokia? I see AT&T are now offering a green version. Is it also a new hardware revision?

If there are still touch screen problems and battery drain issues, I'll probably just get an 830 on AT&T next and hope MS decides to release a real flagship within a year.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you need to use an upgrade or purchase on contract, then the AT&T variant is for you. You can wirelessly charge, but you need a charging case and a PowerMat style charger.

If you don't need to use an upgrade or purchase on contract, get a Factory Unlocked 1520.3 (RM-938). It has Qi built in without needing a charging case. It also comes 32GB internal storage. It gets all speeds up to and including LTE on AT&T and T-MoUS towers.

The battery on 1520 is a stunner. It lasts and lasts. Heating does occur around the camera module, but as a normal sort of thing. Mystery heat and bat drain issues seem rarely reported here at best and often as part of a misinterpretation, IMHO.

As for phantom swipes and taps... http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...een-sensitivity-issue-status-cyan-1520-a.html

It appears to be linked to bending and the internal connectors for the screen/digitizer. Recommendation is not to put the phone in your trouser or jeans front pocket with the screen facing in.

P.S.: That was waaaaay less questions than the thread title indicated. :winktongue:

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Its going to have to be the At&t model....Ugh....It would irritate me to get one of these and end up with the screen issue. Hopefully, they figured out what the problem is and corrected it in later models. I plan on getting the green variant, which should be the ;latest hardware revision.

Damn you Nokia for giving Verizon exclusivity to the 930!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
But 930 Icon doesn't have Glance, microSD or phenomenal battery life. And I LOVE me some Glance. Can't see doing without it anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea