Battery life on the 925? (when compared to the 920)

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks, I just sold my old cyan 920 and one guy is selling me his 925 really cheap, my main concern with the 925 is the battery life since I'm coming from a 920 which I sold because I was tired of having to charge it twice a day on normal use. I'll miss the Qi wireless charging and the extra storage but right now I'm short on money and I can't really look at the 2014's high end Lumias so if I want to stay on the Windows Phone boat then is either the 925, 1020 or the 735 (the first two used, the 735 new).

So this thread is a question/sugestion:

-How good is the battery life on the 925? (and how good when compared to the 920)
-With a focus on battery life, which one should I get?, the 925, 1020 or 735?

Greetings and thanks in advance! :smile:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I can speak on the battery life comparing the 925 to the 920 since I have both phones. Battery life has generally been around the same for both phones, although when I updated the 925 to Cyan nearly a month ago, the battery drained a little faster than usual. Seems like it's starting to get back to normal though. I didn't really notice this issue with my 920 after the Cyan update, but that might be because I didn't use the developer's preview on that one. Should pretty much be similar though.

BBDemetria

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
The battery life on the 925 isn't anything special. If you aren't too hard on your phone, it should last you throughout the day and have some to spare(not enough to get you through the next day, as it can barely get through the night). Heavy usage really kills the battery on the 925, but lowering the screen brightness helps a lot if your eyes can handle it.

With average usage(little texting, some web browsing, and light gaming) I was able to get 6 to 8 hours of on screen time and 12 to 14 of total time. While sitting down and using it(to kill the battery on purpose) I was able to get 4 hours of on screen time, but with the brightness on high that lowers down to 2.5 hours. If I set my 925 on the table and don't touch it I can get anywhere from 2 to 3 days out of it, but it really depends on how many notifications wake it up. These numbers were all with charging it via USB on a 1A charger, however if you plan on getting the wireless charging case you will cut 1 hour if not 3 hours from most of my average usages(this might vary).

Honestly its a older Snapdragon S4 (plus? Pro? Who cares..) with a 2000mAh battery, so endurance isn't one of its strengths, but it certainly isn't terrible either(lumia 520, I'm looking at you). I don't know anything about the 735, but from the little I have seen it seems like a more conservative device, so battery life might be stronger with that one.

Sent from my TW800 using Tapatalk

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I long ago took the Worrying About Battery Life needle out of my arm, since there is little we can do about it besides turning some functions and apps off. Far better to be a good Boy Scout: "Be Prepared."

Have a charger in your car, home, and office. 1A chargers are $5 on eBay. If your phone has a replaceable battery, buy an extra with wall charger. If headed out for awhile, drop said charged battery into your pocket.

If not replaceable, like the 925, buy one of those external battery packs that plugs into your USB port. Not as slim as a battery, but it works fine. Available in a wide range of mahr's.

Either option will set you back about $10 or even less.

Oh, yes, the Battery Sense app will alert you about high drainage, both by notification and change of tile color if that option is selected. Also charts your battery drain and charge, sometimes that's helpful in understanding what changed and resulted in battery discharge. Well worth the several dollars to buy.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I remember a day when I had to think about battery life... But that was before I got my 1520 :) hahah 2 days, one charge, no problem. And that's from a power user

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I remember a day when I had to think about battery life... But that was before I got my 1520 :) hahah 2 days, one charge, no problem. And that's from a power user

Jeeez, not the point of the thread. Not a touch screen phone, but my faux Blackberry Nokia E73, yes, smart phone, will run for four days. So there.

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Amongst the phones you have selected, Lumia 735 will have the best battery life. Lumia 735 has received very good reviews everywhere, so should be the best option for you.

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for replying, at the end I bought a Xperia Z1 (click quote now to reply with a "traitor" message, if you wanna know why then read on...).

I had around $400 dollars to spend on a new phone and here in Mexico they don't sell the 925 new anymore, the 1020 is being sold currently but it's more expensive than the others and the 735 is still about to be released (rumours say it will be available in december) so I was about to get it on Expansys. At the end I met this guy who was selling his z1 with 3 months of use and the device was on a very nice condition with an almost intact aluminum frame and both the front and the back glass covered with a crystal case. So yes, I ditched Windows Phone in favour of Android mainly because of the lack of options, heck both the z1 and 930 share a lot in terms of hardware but the 930 is almost double the price of the z1 here!.

This is not the end of my Windows Phone era, is just a hold maybe until Windows 10, I really love WP but for now the lack of diversity is a big NO for me. Greetings!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss