Why do I keep receiving Invalid Sim error randomly?

uninvitedguest

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Receiving Invalid Sim error randomly

There has been no change to my sim card- the tray hasn't been removed since I first bought the phone in December of 2012.

About two weeks ago I started receiving the Invalid Sim error at random intervals and can't think of any event that would have changed the status of the phone. No drops on the floor, no updates to the software. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

OS Version: 8.10.14203.306
Firmware: 3051.500009.1424.0000
Lumia Cyan

Edit: Wow, no ability for me to add follow up info? Huh.

It is a Rogers Lumia 920 and I am running the developer preview. I'm on Fido as a carrier and have been since I got the phone. The first batch of 920's didn't need unlocking to swap between the two carriers as Rogers owns Fido.

I'll try cleaning the SIM tray and applying some tape as suggested.

Last edited:

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Receiving Invalid Sim error randomly

I also have been experiencing the "No SIM Card" intermittently recently. I thought it had to do with me exchanging out my prior regular SIM card to the new encrypted SIM card from AT&T (to use Microsoft Wallet), but if you are having the same issue and haven't changed it since 2012 I am thinking it has to do with WP 8.1 or Cyan.

OS Version: 8.10.12393.890
Firmware: 3051.500009.1425.2001
Lumia Cyan

I am on AT&T US, which carrier do you have? I also see that your OS version is slightly newer than mine, are you on Developer Preview?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Try sliding a small piece of paper behind the SIM card to keep it pressed against the connections better. This happened to my 920 a while back, and wedging something behind the SIM worked for me.

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

Take sim out and clean it, also check all the sim contacts are in place, You may need to put a thin bit of tape behind sim card so it makes better contact.

uninvitedguest

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

I also have been experiencing the "No SIM Card" intermittently recently. I thought it had to do with me exchanging out my prior regular SIM card to the new encrypted SIM card from AT&T (to use Microsoft Wallet), but if you are having the same issue and haven't changed it since 2012 I am thinking it has to do with WP 8.1 or Cyan.

OS Version: 8.10.12393.890
Firmware: 3051.500009.1425.2001
Lumia Cyan

I am on AT&T US, which carrier do you have? I also see that your OS version is slightly newer than mine, are you on Developer Preview?

That was silly, it only let me reply to you after I edited the main post. as you can see the info is now in there. It is a Rogers Lumia 920 and I am running the developer preview. I'm on Fido as a carrier and have been since I got the phone. The first batch of 920's didn't need unlocking to swap between the two carriers as Rogers owns Fido.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

You might want to ask your carrier for a new SIM.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

GerOrBa

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

Happened to me as well just after I updated to Cyan and WP8.1... I thought it was related to that.

I got the NO SIM error message every other day

It turns out that just removing and doing a quick clean of the sim card terminals solved the problem.

I lived with this issue for a couple of months before realizing the problem was not related to the software update at all :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers