Shop Holiday deals at:Amazon | Walmart | Best Buy | Microsoft | Dell

01-10-2015 06:28 PM
85 1234
tools
    Of course I have a dedicated camera, but this phone was supposed to have DNG output, just search for "Designing PureView for Lumia 830 - Lumia Conversations" (I can't post links). DNG output is the only thing that really stands out from that list of improvements and it's not here. There's no point in waiting for the magical Lumia Camera 5 since I already have it and that option is not present. Misleading advertisement. To add insult to the injury the thing keeps nagging with that update which I'm sure would break the phone. :/

Anyway, to anyone hyperventilating about the release of Lumia Camera 5, please don't, I have it and it's not worth it.
    12-07-2014 04:41 AM
    Blabla. The app is great!! MUCH faster, hdr, DYNAMIC FLASH. Just these 3 things make me want it!!

If you don't like your 830, then get a better cameraPHONE.

But you have no idea what you are talking about...the app YOU have isn't supported by the firmware yet. Even features are missing as well. Ah, just read, it's all online...
    akks likes this.
    12-07-2014 07:03 AM
    BTW guys, the upcoming Lumia Camera 5, default Camera and Camera360.. what do you guys think are the pros and cons?

I kinda liked the Living Images feature, my friends also have fun "watching" those photos but from a real productivity view I doubt it has too much use.

The "rapid-shot" feature is also handy which allows you to pick the best single shot from many choice but in the end it means you need to spend quite some time to check all the photos pick one which isn't the ideal scenario for casual photos where you might need to take lots of photos in a short time frame.

The pro photographers probably already made their choice and preferthe appropriate app for various scenarios but any feedback and tips for a casual phone-photographer is welcome.
    12-08-2014 04:08 AM
    Don't think there are any cons with Lumia camera 5...its the same as the old app, just more features and faster. Oh yes, and better picture quality...
    I really like to finally get HDR.
    And dynamic flash seems to be another great feature as well.
    This moment capture thing...i don't know. Maybe handy, maybe not. We'll see. Soon, hopefully!
    12-08-2014 05:05 AM
    I'm in the U.S. with a Lumia 830. I have Lumia Camera Classic installed. I don't see a Lumia Camera 5 in the store. How do I get this update. Will it be pushed or can I search for it in the Windows Store?
    12-09-2014 04:32 PM
    I'm in the U.S. with a Lumia 830. I have Lumia Camera Classic installed. I don't see a Lumia Camera 5 in the store. How do I get this update. Will it be pushed or can I search for it in the Windows Store?
    hopefully by end of year. rumors are mid December. If you read a few pages back a small Denim firmware update is required, the Lumia Camera will be updated or available in store soon after.

edit: OK, to my credit, I did not say which year. Maybe 2015.....
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 12-09-2014 at 07:06 PM.
    msirapian likes this.
    12-09-2014 05:39 PM
    According to Lumia@help @SmartCamClub @jalakarhu @Nokiapoweruser The French release Nokia 5 has glitches and isn't the Full Monty & we won't see it until it's fixed and likely not until next year. BTW Juha Alakarhu (@jalakarhu) is a Microsoft Camera developer and he doesn't know the release date or when the NEW Lumia Camera will be released. According to Lumia@Lumia The Lumia Denim update will start rolling out in the coming months, following partner testing and approvals. Stay tuned. which also is meant to imply that the NEW Lumia Camera is not ready yet from what I've culled from Twitter and conversations those above have had with Jahu Alakaru which aren't published tweets.
    Last edited by Mr Lebowski; 12-10-2014 at 03:19 PM.
    12-09-2014 05:52 PM
    You can see one graphic glitch when opening the camera with the button, from lockscreen/standby.

That's exactly what I said weeks ago. Just before they publish it, there will be a bug.

THEY HAD MONTHS, FROM PRESENTATION @ IFA TILL NOW!!!

F U MICROSOFT. Noobs...
    12-09-2014 06:25 PM
    Can I safely assume I'm the only person here with the Lumia Camera 5 then? I'm still getting bugged every day about that update saying "Internal usage only" in the icon... I don't want to install it and I can't see any way to prevent it from showing up every day. :/

NokiaDay & msirapian, you seem to have Lumia Camera 5 too, were you able to update to this "internal use only" version and did the app continue to function?
    Thanks!
    12-11-2014 02:20 PM
    Hi Luis, I don't own a 830. I've read on French forums that you can still use Lumia Camera:

a) click on the camera button
    b) get the error (Denim FW update required)
    c) click "back"
    d) and in the same time, press again the camera button

it may bypass that error dialog.
    12-11-2014 02:38 PM
    Hi Luis, I don't own a 830. I've read on French forums that you can still use Lumia Camera:

a) click on the camera button
    b) get the error (Denim FW update required)
    c) click "back"
    d) and in the same time, press again the camera button

it may bypass that error dialog.
    Do you know if I only have to do that one time, or is it everytime the camera app needs to be opened?
    Thanks!
    12-11-2014 02:48 PM
    I don't know, maybe you can try and share your experience :)
    12-11-2014 03:33 PM
    Humm... I'd rather not. :P But thanks anyway!
    12-12-2014 06:46 AM
    I have a regular US ATT Lumia 830 with Dev Preview. It came with Camera and Nokia Camera. I downloaded Lumia Camera Classic from the Store (v 4.9??). Does it supersede Nokia Camera or is that separate? If it superseded, I figured it would have auto-installed on top of Nokia Camera. Isn't Nokia Camera just the the old version of Lumia Camera?
    Last edited by RobHalligan; 12-12-2014 at 09:33 AM.
    12-12-2014 09:22 AM
    Nokia camera just changed the name to Lumia camera. Nothing new. For 830 its the classic version...

We still wait for the real new Lumia camera v5. Wait and wait. Get promised something, and wait.

Oh wait. We wait.

Ah lets just wait!
    Derausgewanderte and Marty89 like this.
    12-12-2014 01:33 PM
    Thanks for the scoop. That's what I figured. The other Nokia aps were written over when their Lumia-named replacements were installed and were auto-installed, though.
    12-12-2014 02:20 PM
    Sometimes it does feel like WP users constantly spend most of their lives waiting for stuff! Lol

Microsoft: You want this amazing new toy? Wait.
    12-20-2014 12:14 PM
    Totally misleading title
    01-08-2015 12:41 PM
    Strange. Lumia camera 5 was available in the czech Store yesterday, but today is gone. :/
    01-08-2015 12:43 PM
    Strange. Lumia camera 5 was available in the czech Store yesterday, but today is gone. :/
    same with the (I assume) u.s. store. I was able to download/install LC-5 yesterday but checking the store today I see that it is no longer listed. I guess I got "lucky" in catching the half-baked accidentally-released version LOL. As I posted in another thread, it partially resolved my OIS-doesn't-work-on-first-shot issue so in that regard it was worth it for me.
    01-08-2015 12:48 PM
    same with the (I assume) u.s. store. I was able to download/install LC-5 yesterday but checking the store today I see that it is no longer listed. I guess I got "lucky" in catching the half-baked accidentally-released version LOL. As I posted in another thread, it partially resolved my OIS-doesn't-work-on-first-shot issue so in that regard it was worth it for me.
    It's still in USA store Lumia Camera | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    01-09-2015 06:05 PM
    It no longer shows up via store search from my phone, but it did when I installed it. Likewise searching from the website yields only the v4 link /shrug. So unless one happens to know the direct link, it's effectively been pulled. But it's been posted enough by now that I suppose anyone who wants it can get it :)
    Last edited by TexasLabRat; 01-09-2015 at 09:27 PM.
    01-09-2015 09:15 PM
    So unlike preview for devs, Lumia 830 doesn't have battery saver and mobile data on notification actions right?
    01-09-2015 10:56 PM
    Not yet, I bet it comes with the full release of Denim for the phone.
    01-10-2015 01:09 AM
    But cannnot be downloaded.
    01-10-2015 01:54 AM
85 1234