The new Lumia camera app rolling out for 830 users!

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
you posted this in a Lumia 830 thread. This is completely out of context and of course people will make assumptions and the rumors spread.

But you know what theres also HEY CORTANA show up in devoloper preview in CHINA ;READ CHINESE
FORUMES THROW GOOGLE TRANSLATE TO CHECK IT ...so its true they can pass firmware throw devoloper preview

"you will be able to install Windows 10 soon"
I didn't say for Lumia 830 and soon is relative.....

LuisCamachoDev

May 11, 2013
Visit site
A new Lumia camera update today, but :

a) it's tagged as internal in the Store:

b) The new LC 5.0.2.30 can't be launched, it asks for Denim (when Denim is already on the 830):[Denim] Lumia Camera devient inutilisable en 5.0.2.30, Denim n?cessaire | Nokia Day[/url]

Maybe a new FW update is required, but it looks more and more as a glitch ^_^

I'm seeing the same thing on my Lumia 830 phone. I find it odd and keep canceling the transfer since it asks me to place the app in the phone memory (ain't happening, phone memory is for useful stuff).

Also, is the new fabled Lumia Camera version 5.0? If so it came installed on my phone all along:
wp_ss_20141207_0001.png

In before all the fanboys go in a massive fit of rage let me explain this clearly. It still sucks. Hard.
There's only one thing anyone even remotely interested in photography would want from the camera app, that's RAW/DNG output for post-processing in CameraRAW or Lightroom in a good quality monitor. This app doesn't do it, it also does not do 4K (don't think the phone can handle it and I have no use for it anyway), there's no HDR to be found (which is a lame photo technique anyway), it doesn't start faster than WP built-in camera and pretty much everything else is marketing bull**** that could be done previously anyway using a third party app like ProShot.

If this is what you've been waiting for in desperation there's a nasty surprise for you all...

EDIT: Turns out this is not news after all, it seems like French Lumias 830 got it, and mine is indeed a French phone. Still doesn't change the fact the new app is hardly worth using and I'm probably going to uninstall it since I'm tired of having the quoted Store notification popping up everyday. I actually came here to see if there was a solution for this precise situation. I swear that if I see the notification one more time this crap app goes into the trash, seems like it's the only solution available. :(

Last edited:

LuisCamachoDev

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Of course I have a dedicated camera, but this phone was supposed to have DNG output, just search for "Designing PureView for Lumia 830 - Lumia Conversations" (I can't post links). DNG output is the only thing that really stands out from that list of improvements and it's not here. There's no point in waiting for the magical Lumia Camera 5 since I already have it and that option is not present. Misleading advertisement. To add insult to the injury the thing keeps nagging with that update which I'm sure would break the phone. :/

Anyway, to anyone hyperventilating about the release of Lumia Camera 5, please don't, I have it and it's not worth it.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Blabla. The app is great!! MUCH faster, hdr, DYNAMIC FLASH. Just these 3 things make me want it!!

If you don't like your 830, then get a better cameraPHONE.

But you have no idea what you are talking about...the app YOU have isn't supported by the firmware yet. Even features are missing as well. Ah, just read, it's all online...

tersagun

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
BTW guys, the upcoming Lumia Camera 5, default Camera and Camera360.. what do you guys think are the pros and cons?

I kinda liked the Living Images feature, my friends also have fun "watching" those photos but from a real productivity view I doubt it has too much use.

The "rapid-shot" feature is also handy which allows you to pick the best single shot from many choice but in the end it means you need to spend quite some time to check all the photos pick one which isn't the ideal scenario for casual photos where you might need to take lots of photos in a short time frame.

The pro photographers probably already made their choice and preferthe appropriate https://www.google.com.tr/search?cl...&sa=X&ei=QmqFVInTKIuBPcnngcAF&ved=0CBkQvwUoAAapp for various scenarios but any feedback and tips for a casual phone-photographer is welcome.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Don't think there are any cons with Lumia camera 5...its the same as the old app, just more features and faster. Oh yes, and better picture quality...
I really like to finally get HDR.
And dynamic flash seems to be another great feature as well.
This moment capture thing...i don't know. Maybe handy, maybe not. We'll see. Soon, hopefully!

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the U.S. with a Lumia 830. I have Lumia Camera Classic installed. I don't see a Lumia Camera 5 in the store. How do I get this update. Will it be pushed or can I search for it in the Windows Store?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the U.S. with a Lumia 830. I have Lumia Camera Classic installed. I don't see a Lumia Camera 5 in the store. How do I get this update. Will it be pushed or can I search for it in the Windows Store?

hopefully by end of year. rumors are mid December. If you read a few pages back a small Denim firmware update is required, the Lumia Camera will be updated or available in store soon after.

edit: OK, to my credit, I did not say which year. Maybe 2015.....

Last edited:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

According to Lumia@help @SmartCamClub @jalakarhu @Nokiapoweruser The French release Nokia 5 has glitches and isn't the Full Monty & we won't see it until it's fixed and likely not until next year. BTW Juha Alakarhu (@jalakarhu) is a Microsoft Camera developer and he doesn't know the release date or when the NEW Lumia Camera will be released. According to Lumia@Lumia The Lumia Denim update will start rolling out in the coming months, following partner testing and approvals. Stay tuned. which also is meant to imply that the NEW Lumia Camera is not ready yet from what I've culled from Twitter and conversations those above have had with Jahu Alakaru which aren't published tweets.

Last edited:

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
You can see one graphic glitch when opening the camera with the button, from lockscreen/standby.

That's exactly what I said weeks ago. Just before they publish it, there will be a bug.

THEY HAD MONTHS, FROM PRESENTATION @ IFA TILL NOW!!!

F U MICROSOFT. Noobs...

LuisCamachoDev

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Can I safely assume I'm the only person here with the Lumia Camera 5 then? I'm still getting bugged every day about that update saying "Internal usage only" in the icon... I don't want to install it and I can't see any way to prevent it from showing up every day. :/

NokiaDay & msirapian, you seem to have Lumia Camera 5 too, were you able to update to this "internal use only" version and did the app continue to function?
Thanks!

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Luis, I don't own a 830. I've read on French forums that you can still use Lumia Camera:

a) click on the camera button
b) get the error (Denim FW update required)
c) click "back"
d) and in the same time, press again the camera button

it may bypass that error dialog.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro