The new Lumia camera app rolling out for 830 users!

LuisCamachoDev

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Luis, I don't own a 830. I've read on French forums that you can still use Lumia Camera:

a) click on the camera button
b) get the error (Denim FW update required)
c) click "back"
d) and in the same time, press again the camera button

it may bypass that error dialog.

Do you know if I only have to do that one time, or is it everytime the camera app needs to be opened?
Thanks!

RobHalligan

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a regular US ATT Lumia 830 with Dev Preview. It came with Camera and Nokia Camera. I downloaded Lumia Camera Classic from the Store (v 4.9??). Does it supersede Nokia Camera or is that separate? If it superseded, I figured it would have auto-installed on top of Nokia Camera. Isn't Nokia Camera just the the old version of Lumia Camera?

Last edited:

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Nokia camera just changed the name to Lumia camera. Nothing new. For 830 its the classic version...

We still wait for the real new Lumia camera v5. Wait and wait. Get promised something, and wait.

Oh wait. We wait.

Ah lets just wait!

RobHalligan

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the scoop. That's what I figured. The other Nokia aps were written over when their Lumia-named replacements were installed and were auto-installed, though.

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes it does feel like WP users constantly spend most of their lives waiting for stuff! Lol

Microsoft: You want this amazing new toy? Wait.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Strange. Lumia camera 5 was available in the czech Store yesterday, but today is gone. :/

same with the (I assume) u.s. store. I was able to download/install LC-5 yesterday but checking the store today I see that it is no longer listed. I guess I got "lucky" in catching the half-baked accidentally-released version LOL. As I posted in another thread, it partially resolved my OIS-doesn't-work-on-first-shot issue so in that regard it was worth it for me.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
same with the (I assume) u.s. store. I was able to download/install LC-5 yesterday but checking the store today I see that it is no longer listed. I guess I got "lucky" in catching the half-baked accidentally-released version LOL. As I posted in another thread, it partially resolved my OIS-doesn't-work-on-first-shot issue so in that regard it was worth it for me.

It's still in USA store Lumia Camera | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Last edited: