shallow depth of field DOF

david_horne_9964

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
This is video from the 1020 with a +4 HMC diopter The max focal range is about 2.5 feet but it yields excellent result.
v=vtcUTRM42_0
I have been informed that I may not post links as I don't have 10 points. Gee, that's really too bad as I am an engineer giving my application designs freely to people who deeply desire the information. Oh well ! 'till I hear differently, I guess I wont post any more designs. Please contact the mods if you would like them to make an exception here.
add..... h t t p s : / / w w w . y o u t u b e . c o m / w a t c h ?
to see the video. Then tell the mods whether or not you want me to post more !
Thank you !

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

You only need 10 posts to embed videos. It is just a function to try to make sure that spambots aren't dumping links and videos into posts to make the moderators' jobs easier. Your video looks pretty good, so why don't you contribute to some other discussions on the message board, and you'll be over that 10 post threshold quickly. Welcome to the forum.

david_horne_9964

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks again to jmshub for posting my video. I've done a good deal of testing with the 1020. Shown is a resolution test with the 1020 in DNG mode. I judge the resolution at 100 LP/mm ( 35mm equivalent ). For comparison, my 14MP Sigma only makes it to about 50. My friends 20MP Canon earns about 65. 35mm color print film maxes out at about 85 and Tech Pan, 120. I use my 1020 in JEPG mode which yields about 90 but is considerably faster and less noisy than DNG mode. All these tests are " apples to apples ". In other words, the test chart fits the frame on all devices.nokia 1020 DNG RAW.jpg

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You are obviously a camera and photography nut david, worse than me I think, and it's good to have you in the 1020 forum.😊 Thx for your video.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Good work and great effect...

Apologies for the trouble with linking.
Everyone experiences this when first joining.

Hope to see more of your efforts!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs