[L930] Camera taking multiple pics?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So weird, today for some reason on my 930 with Nokia camera, when I take a picture with button, it saves living image but after that it keeps taking more and more shots. Like it doesn't stop until I exit the application. I also seemed to have lost the circle focusing part on screen however it still focuses in on whatever I'm pointing at.

If I touch the screen the focusing circle appears and that works fine.

I just installed Lumia Camera Classic and the same thing happens!

Regular Camera I see the rectangle for focusing, half press button focus works and when I full press for the picture, only one picture is taken.

Anyone know what's going on?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help! Nokia/Lumia Camera is taking multiple pics forever

I've heard about this but didn't read about a solution. Try soft resetting when you're in that application AND its taking continuous pics.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Hi there, thanks for the reply and suggestion. I tried it but it didn't change anything :(

I installed pro shot and I find it's doing the same thing! Why is the regular camera ok and lumia/nokia camera and proshot taking multiple pictures forever? Pro shot however, I can't focus on something with the button. Only touch screen focus.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried resetting camera from settings?
Your camera button may be stuck?

Thanks guys... I've been playing with it on and off and it almost seems like I might having something in there causing a short. Cause if I flick it a bit, I get some good behaviour but followed by some bad behaviour.

Anyway to safely clean the button? :D

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

That's a non-removable battery door?

​Small bursts of compressed air from one end to try and blow whatever grit out the other end?

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine is doing the exact same thing except I can't half press the shutter to focus on any app either.

Did you find a fix? It seems like a hardware issue to me so may send for repair.

udupa1982

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

930,1520 and 1020 take 2 pics one in RAW format and other one is in compressed format. Imo, look it up online. RAW format is for editing and other stuff while compressed one is for sharing on social media

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine is doing the exact same thing except I can't half press the shutter to focus on any app either.

Did you find a fix? It seems like a hardware issue to me so may send for repair.

Sorry I didn't follow this thread. I ended dropping it a few more times and the problem went away :) so definitely a dirt or something issue. When I fix the screen (yea I cracked it :( ) I'll take a good look at the shutter button

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I didn't follow this thread. I ended dropping it a few more times and the problem went away :) so definitely a dirt or something issue. When I fix the screen (yea I cracked it :( ) I'll take a good look at the shutter button

That's like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer to cure your amnesia!!!

:shocked:
:confused:
:eck:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Lol, it's my FIRST phone I cracked the screen! They're not made like they used to be ;) I miss the days when I dropped my N95 and it would spectacularly blast completely apart in all directions but it would still be fine once put back together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire