Can I make a power point presentation by 1520?

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't mean can I make it in my phone. But if I load it on to my 1520 can I use it to project it some how to screen. No we don't have the screen mirroring or project my screen option in our department. It's a basic projector with hdmi and vga output support so if its possible I wont have to carry my laptop always.i have no problem buying any adapters or any accessories if that makes it possible.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I used Lumia Beamer combined with PowerPoint to present a project once.
Worked rather nicely, I didn't have any fancy transitions, and I had an awkward orientation issue setting up, but it worked. (didn't have the option to Project My Screen via neither USB or Miracast)

But that requires a computer (maybe you could borrow one from someone onsite) and I don't think you can easily adapter your way to a projector. So basically what other people said. I've yet to meet a smartphone capable of hooking into VGA like that (off the top of my head) although I've heard of devices with a projector built in.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
iPhones have adaptors to connect to HDMI and VGA. Not sure if it works with PowerPoint thought. I use it to play my exercise videos onto my 60" everyday...beats having to use DVDs.

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I've used the Microsoft Adapter to present a PPTX off my 1520, worked quite well as long as the PPTX doesn't have too many complex features. Once Office is de-coupled from the OS and we see Office Gemini it should be much better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99