Camera issues

jowast

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Lumia 1320 (running 8.1) from cricket wireless this weekend and notice when using my camera, the screen has jittery lines on the screen, but do not show once the picture is taken. Only occurs while the camera is open. I went back to cricket and tried to see if it was also happening to the store unit as well and it was doing the same thing. I have also tried using different camera lens apps too.

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issues? Or maybe its normal due to the camera being on the low end. Like I said, it's only showing while I have the camera open, but the lines are not showing in the picture taken.

I did a screen capture, and then took an actual picture. You can see the lines in the camera, but once the photo is taken, the lines are not there.

WP_20141201_15_15_35_Pro.jpgwp_ss_20141201_0001.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Lumia 1320 (running 8.1) from cricket wireless this weekend and notice when using my camera, the screen has jittery lines on the screen, but do not show once the picture is taken. Only occurs while the camera is open. I went back to cricket and tried to see if it was also happening to the store unit as well and it was doing the same thing. I have also tried using different camera lens apps too.

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issues? Or maybe its normal due to the camera being on the low end. Like I said, it's only showing while I have the camera open, but the lines are not showing in the picture.

Thanks

I don't think it has something to do with the camera of the L1320 being "low-end" - it's hardly low end anyway:wink:. But if it will make you more comfortable, those jittery lines also appear in my humble L1020 when I increase the exposure value manually in low-light conditions. This happens when the signal from the sensor is "amplified" in real-time just for the purpose of relaying the information immediately to the screen. But, in most cases* those jittery lines should disappear when the actual photo is taken since the digital signal from the sensor does not need to be amplified as much as in real time**. Signal amplification = noise amplification = those jittery lines.

*- This might still happen when you're shooting in almost complete darkness when the imaging algorithm decides to amplify the signal.

**- The display needs real-time information (multiple frames per second). Unlike in actually taking a photo, the sensor can take in the image for a prolonged period of time e.g. for more than a second in low light conditions. Without signal amplification, the screen would lag behind what the camera sees by more than a second since it needs more time to detect lower lighting conditions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs