Goin from a 1520 to HTC One M8

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
You know a bunch of 920 owners expected a replacement too and got shoved an 830 instead. Thankfully HTC stepped up to fill the gap for us, but plenty are livid and some left WP bc of it. Trust in a company as fickle and slow as MS is misplaced.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
You know a bunch of 920 owners expected a replacement too and got shoved an 830 instead. Thankfully HTC stepped up to fill the gap for us, but plenty are livid and some left WP bc of it. Trust in a company as fickle and slow as MS is misplaced.

That has less to do with the lack of hardware. Notice for them none of them had no desire in the HTC phone at all. They wanted a smaller phone with that screen size. Plus there are enough differences between the 830 and 920 where I can understand that.

And that proves my point. People left windows phone because they wanted a Lumia high end. Not an HTC. And tbh from what I have read in the forums they didn't leave windows phones because of a lack of hardware but due to the quality of apps and Microsoft preferential treatment. Most people said they loved their windows phones(Lumia usually) but the app situation disappointed them. So again the lack of choice is not the problem considering 95% of the user base if not more are fine with the Lumia hardware.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry but that's some BS, nearly all of those people would have stayed if there was a Lumia flagship available to hold them so to say its less to do with the lack of hardware is laughable.

I fully understand peoples reservations about switching to an HTC all things considered but without a 6" WP everyone would be sporting Notes and iPhone+. So without a Lumia flagship less than 6" people are leaving to find it and the app gap only seals the deal.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
People can bash the M8 all they want, got mine and its the best phone I have ever owned. Like it alot. Soft buttons, kick *** battery and solid hardware.

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1520 and an M8. The 1520 has (hands down) a better camera, more exclusive apps, a larger screen, etc. etc.

But I find myself using my M8 more. It's just such a beautiful, premium device.

For me, guess it boils down to the phone's soul, not its spec sheet.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but that's some BS, nearly all of those people would have stayed if there was a Lumia flagship available to hold them so to say its less to do with the lack of hardware is laughable.

I fully understand peoples reservations about switching to an HTC all things considered but without a 6" WP everyone would be sporting Notes and iPhone+. So without a Lumia flagship less than 6" people are leaving to find it and the app gap only seals the deal.

Wrong. The 1520 is quite fine for most of us users who have it...The ones who I've seen posting about leaving Windows Phones really are not saying anything about the hardware, it is because they have grown frustrated with the OS and lack of apps.

It's usually the same argument

1. Microsoft does better apps on Ios/Andorid
2. I really need this random and silly app and Wp lacks it
3. I'm giving up on Microsoft.

Rarely is it because of a lack of hardware and usually the ones complaining about the lack of hardware are those of the 1st gen with Lumia 920...not the Icon/930 or the 1520 owners as much.

As well as users who want a 1020 successor. But even then they don't switch(A 1020 owner almost never will switch because they are stuck to their camera and the 920 owners are waiting for another 4.5 inch phone but have recently moved to the 830....the 1520 owners, from what I've read are quite content and those who aren't, likely won't move to anything else because there is nothing else for them to move to.)

Again I read the forums and unlike most here, I actually WORK in this field so I generally know what people are wanting and asking for and 9 times out of 10 it has something to do with an app or lack of an app or the OS itself. It was the reason I briefly left for the 6+. I was growing tired of the OS.....

I have a 1520 and an M8. The 1520 has (hands down) a better camera, more exclusive apps, a larger screen, etc. etc.

But I find myself using my M8 more. It's just such a beautiful, premium device.

For me, guess it boils down to the phone's soul, not its spec sheet.

And the 1520 is also a beautiful and premium device :)

I am not quite sure what a phone's soul is/means....but I gues long as you do, that is all that matters :D

People can bash the M8 all they want, got mine and its the best phone I have ever owned. Like it alot. Soft buttons, kick *** battery and solid hardware.

Glad you enjoy it :) But I do love how when someone isn't praising a device(especially since this IS the 1520 forums) they are bashing it :D That logic is hilarious to me, but this is WC so nvm :D

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
It's usually the same argument

1. Microsoft does better apps on Ios/Andorid
2. I really need this random and silly app and Wp lacks it
3. I'm giving up on Microsoft.

I love my 1520. However, I should have Gorilla Glass 3 by now (not to mention 4). I should have an 805 processor (not to mention 810). I should have a firmware update by now, I should have a slightly better screen to body ratio resulting in a reduced footprint and weight and I should have some slightly updated optics. What I DO have is great. But this should not be difficult for a Blue Chip company to pull off. I would not give up on Microsoft easily, however, it is becoming a much discussed fact that they are making everyone in the community wait too long, while destroying any hope of putting a Lumia device into the public consciousness during the upcoming 2015 blitz of devices. Why?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos