Two second delay in attaching photos to text messages?

Orange Cat

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
New Lumia 830 user, coming from the Lumia Icon. Does anyone else experience a two second or so delay when attaching photos to text messages (via the default messaging app)? I assume this is due to the lower specs on the 830 (as opposed to Icon, which attaches photos in one second), but wanted to be sure.

Thank you!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Nope I don't see that delay on my RM-985 Lumia 830. It could be that while the picture was being attached something else was going on in the background causing the foreground process to slow down? Or may be too many apps open?

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you're attaching photos that are stored on the SD card and the other phone you were attaching photos stored in the phone memory.
Memory has much faster access than the SD card.

:)
Fred

Orange Cat

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I found the delay with the both the internal memory and the SD card. I'll test a few other times/days to see if other apps are affecting it. What's surprising is that the attachment rate in email or facebook messenger is almost on par with the Icon. Messaging is the only app that is noticeably slower.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett