Hard Reset on Icon Following DP 8.1 Install

V Starstruck

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Loaded DP 8.1 on my Nokia Icon last week. I like the expanded feature set, but it has become increasingly buggy (wifi/bluetooth issues, etc.). I want to do a hard reset to see if that helps (as has been recommended in this forum), but would appreciate it if someone could walk me through the procedure, since I would prefer not to wipe all the data and/or inadvertently reset it to original factory specs if possible. I am particularly worried about losing music files/playlists on the device. Thanks!

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Sync all you songs on to you PC or lappy first cause it will delet all those. I've been through this a fee times. If you use music download apps it usually won't let you to download those via to a PC so those would be deleted through the app. Back up your apps and texts or whatever first and do your Back up Assistant as well. That way when you restore all your tiles will be in the same place, it'll take some time to reinstall all the apps as it will be done simultaneously.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
If you wanna do a full clean up I guess, you can do the nokia recovery tool and revert you phone back to 8.0, like when you first got the phone, and do the whole process to get back to 8.1.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I want to do a hard reset to see if that helps (as has been recommended in this forum), but would appreciate it if someone could walk me through the procedure, since I would prefer not to wipe all the data and/or inadvertently reset it to original factory specs if possible.

This is contradictory, as wiping EVERYTHING off your phone is exactly what a hard reset is intended to do. You must choose. One or the other.

On a side note, some report to have achieved better results by not restoring their apps and tile layouts from backup. I can't say if that is fact or fiction, but if you are going to hard reset, I'd go all the way and setup from scratch without restoring.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss